Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BARBISIO Brothers

Brando11

A-List Customer
Just got this one today. Don't know too much about Barbisio, but I've been very impressed with the ones I've seen here in the Lounge-

This one is a really nice felt. Great feel to it, and it really hold it's shape well with just a bit of steam.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
DSC_1111.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Today i visited a flea market in Bochum, the weather was very bad, stormy and raining.
The hope anything to find was zero.
The last one, I saw two hats are what you believe I have
of course purchased.
one of both was a Super Barbisio Extra Lusso Velour in Silver Color name was Perla.
he looks never worn.

superbarbisio.jpg

superbarbisio3.jpg

superbarbisio1.jpg

superbarbisio2.jpg

superbarbisio4.jpg

superbarbisio5.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Barbisio

P1030333.JPG
P1030334.JPG
P1030335.JPG
P1030332.JPG

Originally sold in Cicero. IL. Its been to the cleaners for sure--taped(old)-in liner and staple holes in sweat. Light and soft felt.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab

rik, I got this exact Super Barbisio Extra Lusso in medium brown for cheap on Ebay. Just $25.00 and its chamois felt is even better than my vintage Borsalino's felt. Here's the link to the auction, no pics of my own yet. http://www.ebay.de/itm/110831033071?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1664wt_1398

Do you have any idea how old this hat is? The seller estimated mid-thirties or early forties because of the 2 1/8" wide sweatband with taped seam.

Too bad it smells of cigarettes. Any ideas how to get rid of the smell?

rlk

I'll Lock Up
rik, I got this exact Super Barbisio Extra Lusso in medium brown for cheap on Ebay. Just $25.00 and its chamois felt is even better than my vintage Borsalino's felt. Here's the link to the auction, no pics of my own yet.

Do you have any idea how old this hat is? The seller estimated mid-thirties or early forties because of the 2 1/8" wide sweatband with taped seam.

I think mine is 60's-70's. Taped seam means nothing for dating, especially for European hats.

Barbisio "Lago di Como"

How did I miss Robert's post of this hat just above. :eeek: Oh well, please excuse the echo!

One of two hats that have come to me from RLK, this thin ribbon in "Argento" has a narrow brim (2 1/4") and raw edge that sets a different tone than its U.S. cousins from this era. Funny coincidence, I visited both Lake Como and Bloomington, Illinois (where this hat was sold) in 1972... following the same girlfriend on both occasions.

thinribbonbarbisio1.jpg

thinribbonbarbisio2.jpg

thinribbonbarbisio3.jpg

thinribbonbarbisio4.jpg

The ribbon is tacked all around the hat with stitches an inch apart... not as visible in person as it is in the iPhone photos.

thinribbonbarbisio5.jpg

Last edited:
The last photo is fantastic Alan, the brim width & crown height fits you perfect.
Well done on that one my friend!

Thanks very much... and thanks for Robert's keen eyes, generous soul and somewhat robust cranium that allows me the opportunity to wear it. :)

Hard to guess the date on this... I would venture early fifties but perhaps a little earlier. The narrow logo imprinted label is more similar to my Barbisio Titan than to the earlier deadstock Bulgarian Barbisio homburg which is most likely pre-war. I also like the dimensions on this one. I've bought others European hats for this quality, only to discover they have had a trip to the chop shop along the way.

:kick:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch