Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bartender appreciation

Yesterday a bartender took a swift, decisive and absolutely necessary action to avert what might well have turned into a barroom brawl. Said bartender did not scold, did not pontificate, did not make himself "superior" in any way.

I don't live on this site. But I do visit frequently, as I have for nine years now. I've made friends here. I've seen once active participants fall by the wayside. I miss most of those guys (and gals). Some I don't. I'd imagine they feel about the same toward me.

Over the course of those nine years it has become apparent to me that this place would not be what it is without reasonable, fair-minded moderators. It's up to the rest of us to make their job easy. Should you be tempted to venture into forbidden territory (the rules really are quite simple and straight-forward), well, please don't.

Last edited:

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There's a lot I don't have time to read or catch up with on the FL, what with two kids and pretty much two jobs going. I have to pick and choose my favourite topics to check out when I can here. I can only imagine the sheer amount of work and time it must take the bartenders to monitor all the threads and discussions and keep this place running smoothly and with appropriate decorum without being the 'fun police'. They do such a great job and make this forum a worthwhile site to come to. And if you look at posts by Dinerman, Paddy, Lizzie Maine, RBH, Scotrace, Feraud and all the other bartenders, you'll find them to always lead by example with their thoughtful and genteel posts, PLUS they're all plenty knowledgeable about vintage/Golden Era interests in their own right.

Hats off to you all and many thanks!

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
Benny,
I used to monitor forum message boards on AoL as a volunteer back in the mid 90's. The worst board/forum was hands down the "Dating" board. AoL has a pretty strict policy as to what could & couldn't be posted, I'd have to go in several times a day & check the posts. On top of that I was working 1 FT job & 1 PT job to be able to afford Long Island prices.
Its a chore but you have to love it or you'll burn out fast, IMHO.

I see the Barkeeps here as obviously loving their job, getting lil thank you's, but lots of ill-will when people feel their posts or threads are shut down. Its a very fine line they walk.

So I'll say...THANK YOU to the Keeps here for all you do. We may not always agree on how things are done, but I try to maintain my respect for you doing it. And yes, the thank you was a shout. LOL :D

emigran

Practically Family
Haven't been here so long but am here everyday... reading everything...FL ROCKS...
I could never have amassed half of the info I've found (and 6 custom fedoras) withour this site... Thanks to all who make it possible...!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR