Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bates Leathers

Thanks! Sort of odd they are/were so cheap..? Ascot has similar pricing on leather jackets on their site as well, though they don't specify who made them. The jacket JMAX posted certainly looks nice to me.

I think that may be a close out price on certain sizes. I recall seeing them on the site for more. Nothing crazy, but definitely more than one fitty.

Schambach

Practically Family
I think that may be a close out price on certain sizes. I recall seeing them on the site for more. Nothing crazy, but definitely more than one fitty.

Definitely sale prices, but if you look at the Ascot stuff, it looks like they were originally two fifty, and while it doesn't say they were made by Bates, it does look like the same jacket.

https://ascotmotorsports.com/collections/jackets-1/products/ascot-racer-leather-black

Couple left in medium. If I was a little smaller/aka the story of my life...

Cool jacket. Yeah, $300 or so all in seems about right. It’s a nice jacket, lightweight. These run a bit smaller than say, Vanson.

Each time I put on my Bates diagonal zip, I am reminded that repro is good, original is better but Bates is absolutely the best. I had three different styles, still have one & each was the best in its class.

bates-highwayman-front-jpg.188334

Damon141

Practically Family
I have something else in the works right now a LL but I was thinking about about a modern Bates Competition or a Vanson Comet as an affordable choice for a riding jacket. I was leaning towards the Bates as they mentioned on their instagram that they will replicate old color ways/colors/stripes.

Anyone with any semi recent experience in ordering that can share wait time and order satisfaction please let me know. I’m still searching for color the ideas and depending on the up charge I’d really like to have a multiple stripe jacket, I’ll probably add elbow and shoulder protection.

This looks weirdly interesting to me but in some other colors. Since I have other jackets in the pipeline with more prestigious leathers, figured Bates is not meant to be a Shinki style jacket and might as well and let them do what they do best.

Attachments

• AD53A099-ECBA-46A1-8853-517FFDA84E8E.jpeg
    AD53A099-ECBA-46A1-8853-517FFDA84E8E.jpeg
    674.7 KB · Views: 69

Damon141

Practically Family
Is that the one I sold in a moment of weakness?!? Crazy good jacket.
Definitely a moment of weakness, or was watching Terminator 2 just the other night trying to expose my younger wife to one of my childhood favorites and even she seemed interested when I showed her that you can get the original still from Bates. Soooo expensive though

Tell me how you got your wife to watch Terminator?!! My wife just walks out of the room without saying a word. Kinda weird. Up and out.

Here is a teal Bates Highwayman I look at from time to time. Really cool.

Damon141

Practically Family
Tell me how you got your wife to watch Terminator?!! My wife just walks out of the room without saying a word. Kinda weird. Up and out.

Here is a teal Bates Highwayman I look at from time to time. Really cool.

She is 27 and I just turned 40 so she grew up watching crap movies and every time I try to turn on a movie that’s older, she immediately complains. She can tell from the video quality. I tried to get her to watch The Godfather trilogy, Braveheart, and even Gladiator and she just can’t do it. She would rather watch a madevfor Netflix horror movie that looks like it was filmed on an iPhone than classic major production movie. Obviously streaming has ruined Hollywood and big budget blockbusters are few abs far between.

With that said she ended up watching half of it before the complaints were more frequent and we ended up watching some Ouija board movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112