Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Battle) Poll-Real McCoys J24 vs Attractions Grizzly

Which looks better on?

• RMC Black X White J24

• Attractions Grizzly

• Y2 Sumi Dyed SHR-58

• I don't like the look of any of them

• I am here just for the responses

Results are only viewable after voting.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I still think that the grizzly looks special.

You seem to like black and white combination - a classic combination that will always work well considering you had in mind the black and white cross zip - so why not just go for this one?

And why do you want tea core? I think for this jacket a black dyed through makes more sense.

MattieXMoto

One of the Regulars
I eliminated the RMC. I am def going to get either the panda Attractions or the all black Y2 Anniversary

i noticed on the Y2 25th ann there is no half belt, which may make it look cleaner but also seems to be missing something. the black on black with red lining makes it pop. made with eco horse. prob softer shearling than Attractions. and I can prob get it for lower price direct from Japan. approx under 2k

The Attractions is 2200 usd.
But the off white and black combo is calling me. I even like the more muted houndstooth lining.

i also have no idea how the Y2 will fit in a 38. I know 40 will be too big since the shr58 in size 40 is too big.

Will mull this over some more.
Screenshot_20230520_131304_Instagram.jpg
Attractions-GrizzlyJacket-BlackxWhite-FLAT-01_1200x.jpg

MattieXMoto

One of the Regulars
Another thing i am noticing is the Attractions sleeve has less panels. i used a highlight to showcase what I am talking about.
Screenshot_20230520_200425_Firefox.jpg
172764672_o2.jpg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The black and white panda color combo is Attraction Biltbuck only I think. The other guys do this too but they use the yellowish fur.

Double Helix
imgrc0090186657.jpg

Finecreek (in deerskin, so that may be of interest)
acjk055-p-1.jpg

Jelado has a dark denim one, 1/4 of the price of the leather ones, could be an option for a jacket that doesn't get much wear. But the fur is not mouton it's acrylic.
Image1.jpg

The Attaction Biltbuck one fits you exactly you want it to fit now, so that's 90 percent the battle. And since you mentioned you like the black and white combo, I will withdraw my last comment about waiting for Y2. Just go for the Biltbuck.

If you are comfortable buying from Japan, the panda Biltbuck is available from Rakuten, going through a proxy like FromJapan when they offer the 10% discount is the best option. Shipping and fees would be around ¥7,000, so total would be under ¥230,000. You'd save about 500 bucks for going direct and taking on the import risk yourself.
The only catch is these are pre-orders so you won't get the jackets until coming fall.
You could also email Attraction and find out their dealers and stock and see if any offer oversea shipping.

MattieXMoto

One of the Regulars
The Attractions is a nice jacket I had one in black x black. To me it also looks easier to wear than some seem to make out. It’s cool, you can always get a black cross zip at any time.
Curious. What happened, did you sell and how come?

Mich486

One Too Many
I had a 38 and which I sold after 3 years as I grew out of it. If by any chance I’d come across a 40 I’d give it a serious thought.

I also owned an Aero Grizzly before that and let me tell you the Attractions is a fine jacket. I think also Toy McCoy’s make a very similar jacket although they are much harder to come by.

Anyway, you are considering 2 very different jackets so it’s kind of hard to tell you which one to buy over the other but if you like traditionally styled Grizzlies, the Attractions one is my favourite.

MattieXMoto

One of the Regulars
Decision made. I am going to try and source the Attractions Panda Grizzly from Japan. No rush and while I have supported local business and have bought fron S&S before I think for this one the exchange rate can help me save a lot. and while i like eco hh on the y2, i think it is rare to find a jacket really tailor fit off the rack like the Attractions/Biltbuck is on my frame.

I also tried on the size 38 Attractions (no photo) but that fit me too, but very cropped on the body. Too cropped. Sleeves and shoulders still worked.

I thought about what Edward said about teacore and in this case of black/white i would have to agree. Having too much teacore in 10 yrs would look a bit weird with black and white. Here are some aging photos of their black/black after like 8 years of wear.

Attractions confirmed via IG the black hh is greyish black core.

Thx for everyones vote and opinions

I really like this one. Personally I'd be wanting a darker shearling for practicality's sake, but this does look great. Not being teacore would be a big bonus for me: if you want black leather, buy a black jacket; if you want it to go brown, why not buy a brown one to begin with?
Screenshot_20230522_125654_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230522_125417_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230522_125352_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230522_125358_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230522_125259_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230522_125345_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:

MattieXMoto

One of the Regulars
Doesn't look like a good fit across the chest on you, especially from the back photo.
Yeh i am not the best model. I was standing in awkward position with shoulders shrugged. Its odd when the entire half of the store is watching you. The chest looks better fitting in person than photos. The camera angle is not ideal.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Yeh i am not the best model. I was standing in awkward position with shoulders shrugged. Its odd when the entire half of the store is watching you. The chest looks better fitting in person than photos. The camera angle is not ideal.
Fair enough. Looks pretty good otherwise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21