Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bay Rum Blunder!!

Mike K.

One Too Many
I just discovered that Dominica Bay Rum is doing away with the classic cork-stoppered bottles and is going with a cheap screw-on cap instead. :rage:
Gents, if you are like me and prefer the more classy/vintage style bottle you'd better grab 'em up quickly!

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
I've been refilling my cork topped Dominica bottle with Pinaud's Bay Rum for years.

Just 'cos I'm so cheap is all.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have tried many Bay Rums. To me, Dominica smells the best and feels the cleanest on my skin. Screw top or not, I'll still use it. -And yes, I'll probably hold onto the old bottle.

Now, how do we know that they have done away with the bottle? Some brands use more than one container for their products. Did they make an annoucement? Just curious.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Anyone have an online link to where we can buy the original? I punched it into google and got all manner of different bottles.

Mike K.

One Too Many
I just ordered a couple of bottles from Country Club Shaving (an eBay store). In checking online and from what Country Club has informed me, Dominica Bay Rum has switched to the screw caps. Many distributers still have a few of the cork-stoppered bottles in stock, but new supplies are all the screw tops. You'll need to contact whatever distributer you decide to purchase from and see if they still have the old style bottles in stock. I really won't mind the new bottles so long as I have one or two of the old ones to refill. It just bugs me to see tradition and classic style & manufacturing get tossed in the name of cost cutting. :(

GearHead

One of the Regulars
I just recieved mine last week from J Peterman and it was still the cork stop style.

Erick

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I wrote to the owner of the company that distributes it in the US, the California Antilles Trading Company and he did indeed confirm that this is the direction they are going with the bottle. I mentioned this place, and how many of us are customers. I also mentioned our displeasure. We'll see if he responds. Nice fellow, though.

Hemingway Jones said:
I wrote to the owner of the company that distributes it in the US, the California Antilles Trading Company and he did indeed confirm that this is the direction they are going with the bottle. I mentioned this place, and how many of us are customers. I also mentioned our displeasure. We'll see if he responds. Nice fellow, though.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Very good! It never hurts to let the company know how you feel and what you would like their product to be like.
I am betting he just might answer or capitulate with enough letters/emails. Got that address handy? ;)

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy