Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beautiful 7 1/8 Borsalino FS

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
I have an amazing tan Borsalino for sale. I hate to part with it, but it's a touch too big for me. I'd rather pass it on to someone who will wear and enjoy it. I figured I'd try the Lounge first, as I'd rather someone here have it. There is no tag displaying the size, so I measured it. The hat sweatband is 22 1/4" circumference, and the outside of the hat is 23 1/2" around. The crown height is 5" high. So by these measurements, it's a 7 1/8. My size is 7 with most hats, or 7 long oval when I can find one. this hat is just a little big on me, so, 7 1/8 seems like an accurate size, especially with the measurements. I'm not sure of the year, unfortunately. It does look approximately 50's or 60's. I got it plain crowned, no bash or anything, as shown.

STA70001.jpg

I sent it to Duane at The Fedora Store, and he stiffened it , glued some spots in the sweatband, and gave it a nice shape for me. Here is the finished product.

113830-2.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

There is one tiny, 100% cheaply fixable problem with the hat. There are a couple of places on the sweatband where the stitching has come undone. The band is still in there securely, and the hat can be worn. You have to actually pull the band away to see it's undone. This can be fixed by replacing the band or having it restitched. On the following picture of the under side of the Borsalino, I have marked spots where the band is not coming undone.

boesdmg.jpg

Aside from those few sweatband spots, this hat is goregous. It has a wind cord, which is hard to see in the pictures. It is completely intact. The pictures really speak for themselves. I hate to part with it, but like I said, I want it to go to someone who will wear and enjoy it. It is for sale, but I am willing to possibly trade for the right size 6 7/8, 7 or 7 long oval hat.

PM me with an offer if there is any interest. It goes on eBay Sunday 3/9/08 otherwise.

DSCF0003.jpg

Thanks!

EDIT: The brim width is 2 1/2". Sorry I forgot to mention this in the original post.

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
I haven't had much interest in this hat, but I'd like to wait a few more days to put it on eBay. I would still rather sell it to a lounger. I am willing to accept offers for it. Let me know if you're interested in it. I may also be willing to trade for a size 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner