Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BEAUTIFUL Aero Leather 1950s Half-Belt jacket in Teacore Horsehide! c. 40.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
Aero Leather 1950s Half-Belt jacket in Teacore Horsehide!

MADE IN SCOTLAND

From Aero's website:

The Half Belt is the classic zippered civilian jacket. From the start of the 30's, when the fist zippered leather jackets were made, to end of the 50's when supplies of good horsehide became scarce, half belted horsehide jackets were produced by countless local producers across North America.

The fact so many of these jackets still exist today, in eminently wearable condition, is a tribute to their manufacturer and the fact that they were made using US Chrome Tanned Front Quarter Horsehide.

Aero continue this great tradition by choosing the finest US Horsehide and equalling, even excelling the manufacturing standards of the 30's and 40's. We have taken the best elements from the countless jackets that have passed through our hands over the years.

The Aero Half Belt features a pleated back with false half belt and side adjusting straps. A brass central zipper and a zippered breast pocket, with two slash hand warmer pocket. (Inside pockets available as an optional extra). It has typical American storm cuffs provide extra protection against the elements.

This jacket:

This jacket has all of the wonderful features of Aero's 1950s Half-belt jackets listed above... with one special addition--this is made from teacore horsehide! Teacore horsehide is horsehide with a brown base overdyed in black; over time, the brown base starts to show through in areas of fading, providing the leather with an extremely rich, deep look and a wonderful patina.

This jacket has storm cuffs in the sleeves, and is lined in cotton drill. It is fitted with an Aero zipped which functions beautifully smoothly. It is only just starting to break in, and is in absolutely excellent condition. This is built to last a lifetime, and will only get better with use.

Tagged a 40, this measures:

Chest: 22 1/2"
Sleeve (around curve): 26 1/2
Sleeve (stright): 25
Shoulder: 19
Length at back: 26

Asking just $345, OR OFFER, boxed, shipped, and insured in the USA.

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
It's very sad that tweedydon sold the jacket at a very good price to loungers, the buyer is trying to profit by flipping the jacket.

Even more sad that when I wanted to buy this beautiful jacket from tweedydon, he oddly refused me and finally sold his jacket to another buyer even for less money as I understood.
Well, that was up to him of course, 'cause sellers always decide by themselves how to sell their stuff, but... that was quite unpleasant to me, esp. now seeing that jacket on sale again from that his buyer for twice as much higher price.
Anyway, I've already bought another jacket from another our FL member, but that situation seemed quite strange to me then.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
Even more sad that when I wanted to buy this beautiful jacket from tweedydon, he oddly refused me and finally sold his jacket to another buyer even for less money as I understood.
Well, that was up to him of course, 'cause sellers always decide by themselves how to sell their stuff, but... that was quite unpleasant to me, esp. now seeing that jacket on sale again from that his buyer for twice as much higher price.
Anyway, I've already bought another jacket from another our FL member, but that situation seemed quite strange to me then.

As I explained at length at the time the Post Office wouldn't let me insure the jacket if it was mailed to Russia. (For this reason I couldn't mail the parcel from my online USPS account, and two different POs in NJ refused to insure it.) Since I only ship high-value items with insurance and Signature Confirmation I wasn't able to sell it to you. My apologies again!

I offered the jacket at the price I paid for it on ebay (I believe I bought it from Aero_Fan!) simply because I didn't want to profit on a jacket from a fellow Lounger. I think there's an unwritten rule here that that's the right thing to do, as this is more of a community than a commercial space, and so has different norms. I've seen people list jackets on eBay while at the same time offering them here for a lower price, and that seems right to me.

However, I actually don't have a problem AT ALL with the buyer trying to flip the jacket for a quick profit! It's his jacket now, and he can do what he wishes with it--I didn't put any conditions on its sale! Plus, I usually choose to sell items here or on similar fora because while the price I'll ask will be lower I know I'll be far more likely to have a pleasant and easy transaction, and I'm willing to accept a lower price to gain this. And the transaction I had with the buyer was easy and pleasant, and I accepted a price I was fine with, so it's all good! :)

Last edited:

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
As I explained at length at the time the Post Office wouldn't let me insure the jacket if it was mailed to Russia. Since I only ship high-value items with insurance and Signature Confirmation I wasn't able to sell it to you. My apologies again!

Tweedydon, I've already bought a jacket from US after that your failure. So (just repeat once again) - everything is absolutely perfect with shipping to Russia via USPS. It was very safe & fast insured & signed delivery, so I'm absolutely sure that USPS is still perhaps the best way for shipping from US to Russia. There's no problem at all there.
Good luck with your sales)

Last edited:

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
Tweedydon, I've already bought a jacket from US after that your failure. So (just repeat once again) - everything is absolutely perfect with shipping to Russia via USPS. It was very safe & fast insured & signed delivery, so I'm absolutely sure that USPS is still perhaps the best way for shipping from US to Russia. There's no problem at all there.

I'm glad to hear that!

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab

Looks like I dodged a bullet here! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko