Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

beaver fur risks

TOM BLAINE

New in Town
Nice lid. Did you get that locally? I live on Boston's South Shore and would love to find a good local hatter. Any ideas?

gdkenoyer

Familiar Face
shamus said:
But I thought Hippies were from the late 60's? Are there really a bunch of 50 year old guys in tie-dyed shirts sitting around with red paint cans?
Having lived thru the 60's and 70's the real question would be: do they have adequate remaining brain cells to press the spray button? (think of Ozzie -- not a hippie, but a product of the 60's.)

However, the true hippies did not try to violently impose thier life styles on others: spraying someone's clothing with paint is pretty inconsistent with "Peace and love, brother".

gdkenoyer

Familiar Face
Harry Lime said:
I honestly don't think the majority of non-hat lovers realize fedoras are made of fur.

And quite likely, many of those who do realize (or have the skills to read) will assume that the fur is harvested w/o harm to the animal...which is sorta how the original string got started!

gdkenoyer

Familiar Face
Lincsong said:
These PETA nuts were all the crazies in school who complained that they got nailed in dodge ball, flicked spit wads in class, and were always thrown food at in the cafeteria. They have never grown up, never obtained any social skills and basically need to get therapy.:cheers1:

Hey! I am not a member of PETA!! ;)

Raindog

One of the Regulars
Hey Lincsong, you've just described my schooldays.....
I agree that these PETA folk aren't hippies. They're just like any fundamentalist....Potentially dangerous, most likely misguided, certainly too focussed on their own aims and not to humanistic thoughts....
Hippies are exactly the opposite....

Jeff.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Which were you?

Raindog said:
Hey Lincsong, you've just described my schooldays.....
I agree that these PETA folk aren't hippies. They're just like any fundamentalist....Potentially dangerous, most likely misguided, certainly too focussed on their own aims and not to humanistic thoughts....
Hippies are exactly the opposite....

Jeff.
The guy getting pelted with spit wads, rotting pieces of meat and rubber balls or the guy throwing said objects?:) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy