Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belstaff vs Vanson leather jacket

Laurus

Familiar Face
Not sure which to choose out of these two, could you guys help me out? Cheers! s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (9).jpg s-l1600 (6).jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600 (14).jpg s-l1600 (11).jpg s-l1600 (12).jpg

Laurus

Familiar Face
If it has to be between those two, I would take the Vanson as I am a Vanson fan.

Not sure if you ride or not, but I get the feeling you want it for street wear. If so, I would choose a different look.
You're right, purely casual wear I don't actually need it to save my life. A different look to both, or a different look to the Vanson?

I was going to say the Vanson Ike isn’t great on the bike but cool for casual wear. I’d go Ike.

Laurus

Familiar Face

Peacoat

Bartender
You're right, purely casual wear I don't actually need it to save my life. A different look to both, or a different look to the Vanson?
For a street jacket, I like the Vanson Enfield. I also like it for riding as the competition weight can be a bit of a beast until it is broken in. I got the competition weight for riding, but I think it is available in other iterations which is what you would want for street wear.

Peter Mackin

Practically Family
I have to say that I'm a vanson fan, currently own a Enfield, a highwayman E, csrx & sport rider Pro perf,, they are fantastic jackets.
My belstaff Montana is fantastic, it's over 20years old, so comfortable and easier to wear in warmer months.

Laurus

Familiar Face
I have to say that I'm a vanson fan, currently own a Enfield, a highwayman E, csrx & sport rider Pro perf,, they are fantastic jackets.
My belstaff Montana is fantastic, it's over 20years old, so comfortable and easier to wear in warmer months.
Given the choice between these two, would you go for the Belstaff?

Peter Mackin

Practically Family
I wouldn't buy a modern belstaff, I may be wrong but I think they are now made in Italy with poor leather. I saw the most recent Montana the is advertised by ewan mcgregor,, it's junk.

Laurus

Familiar Face
I wouldn't buy a modern belstaff, I may be wrong but I think they are now made in Italy with poor leather. I saw the most recent Montana the is advertised by ewan mcgregor,, it's junk.
The label at the top says made and designed in England, and I can't see a "made in Italy" on the inside tag from that picture. Not sure if that means anything.

Peter Mackin

Practically Family
The label at the top says made and designed in England, and I can't see a "made in Italy" on the inside tag from that picture. Not sure if that means anything.
I stand corrected,, just checked and they seem to have moved back to UK from 2018. I saw the long way round jacket in January,,, not a patch on older ones, that's what I based my opinion on,, if you prefer the look of the belstaff, offer £250 and if he take it your quids in.

Laurus

Familiar Face
I stand corrected,, just checked and they seem to have moved back to UK from 2018. I saw the long way round jacket in January,,, not a patch on older ones, that's what I based my opinion on,, if you prefer the look of the belstaff, offer £250 and if he take it your quids in.
It's around £260 + £22 postage for the Belstaff. I can get the vanson for £274 plus £30 postage. Do you reckon it'd still be worth it?

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
If I had to pick one it would be the Vanson. That being said.... I don't really like either one of them.

Laurus

Familiar Face
If I had to pick one it would be the Vanson. That being said.... I don't really like either one of them.
Any particular reason, or just not your style? I'm 22 and from the UK wanting something I can wear casually most of the year if that adds some context.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ