Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BELTED BACK Heaven Continues ...

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
:arated: Absolutely fantastic find...

not a very difficult find either Mario. it was advertised on the previous page a month ago and no one bought it !
i had actually just bought a cardigan from Ballyhoo before the belt-back went on, so felt i couldn't afford it. the cardigan turned out to be too small, so i returned it and got the jacket. fate ?

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Since we're talking belted backs...did anyone here win this one? Went for a song...

i was tempted but that blue-grey colour doesn't do much for me (or maybe the fabric just didn't thrill me either). i'm almost certain that jacket woud have been part of a suit once and not a lone sports jacket.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
not a very difficult find either Mario. it was advertised on the previous page a month ago and no one bought it !

Yes, I remember the link but I also remember that the thing was too small for me.

i'm almost certain that jacket woud have been part of a suit once and not a lone sports jacket.

Seems to be the case with quite a lot of the belted backs that make it to the 'Bay lately.

There are only a few belted back jackets out of the very many I've seen (in person, in auctions, here and other places) that I'm sure were meant as stand alone sportscoats. The vast majority, I'm convinced would originally have been accompanied by pants.

The one that started this thread is one of them (I just can't imagine this fabric as a suit, off the stage at least).

$(KGrHqJHJCwE7BcvhB1HBO2pbkfV2Q~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqZHJCkE63YKjOZMBO2pbJFksQ~~60_12.JPG

bk

DamianM

Vendor
A friend of mine ended up finding a full 30s suit at a thrift store---- almost fits me :(

He might end up selling it doesnt fit him.

Its a true beauty.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
gent's i'm going to be selling this jacket soon as it's turned out to be a bit too short and wide on me:

24769.jpg

24769d.jpg

24769d5.jpg

it's 17.5" shoulders, 24" arm, 28.5" back length from base of collar.
i would call it a 38 just under Regular length.

if you'd like to nab it before it goes on ebay or etsy please PM me.
warning: it wasn't cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo