Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
after reading about the sale, I went and bought two of just about everything I needed to restock my train case, and I was wondering if anyone has experience with the yellow cameo foundation, they were sold out of bisque which I probably would have got... so if any of you lovelys have used the yellow cameo, how is the coverage, and what's the staying power? (though I guess the coverage and staying power would be just about the same with all of the colors of foundation)

I have been wanting to try Besame since they were first around but I could never rationalize the cost. With the sale I splurged on the set of 5 red lipsticks, 1930's mascara, sunkissed blush and socialite brown shadow. I would have done more damage but the pressed powder and vanity case were sold out. :( :D

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the links, gals.

I also ordered even though I have no need of any more red, beige, or pink lipsticks but they're so cute! I did need some other stuff, though. The free shipping deal didn't kick in as promised so I put a note in the comments area to not charge me but I doubt that'll work. Grrrr.

*Dani*

New in Town
This is probably a long shot, but is anyone else willing to forward a few things to a forum newbie such as myself? I've been wanting to try Besame makeup for years but I really can't justify spending £30+ for shipping when I only want 3 0r 4 things. I can pay through paypal if that helps? Thanks in advance.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
BegintheBeguine said:
I also ordered even though I have no need of any more red, beige, or pink lipsticks but they're so cute! I did need some other stuff, though. The free shipping deal didn't kick in as promised so I put a note in the comments area to not charge me but I doubt that'll work. Grrrr.
Unfortunately I don't think they're offering the free shipping with this deal :(
"No other promotional offer will be valid. Free shipping is not available during this sales event."

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
lol Thanks. The website was acting up and I had to refresh it every few seconds :mad: as it kept saying website not found, so after a frustrating hour or more of shopping I wasn't finding that in the small print. Or large print, if that was the case.
I bought over a hundred dollars worth of stuff. :eek:
edited: AHA! I went back to the site. (It's obvious I'm a make-up junkie, isn't it?) I see the note about free shipping and it wasn't there on Thursday. Whew, now I feel better, thought I was going crazy.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Audrey Horne, you are a true angel!
Ladies, she's helping no less than three scandinavian gals become more beautiful with Besame! She is the sweetest ever.

Smuterella

One Too Many
*Dani* said:
This is probably a long shot, but is anyone else willing to forward a few things to a forum newbie such as myself? I've been wanting to try Besame makeup for years but I really can't justify spending £30+ for shipping when I only want 3 0r 4 things. I can pay through paypal if that helps? Thanks in advance.

If anyone can help Dani perhaps they can help me too?

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
cherry lips said:
Audrey Horne, you are a true angel!
Ladies, she's helping no less than three scandinavian gals become more beautiful with Besame! She is the sweetest ever.

Make that four, Laura Chase included! :D
She deserves a medal, we'll have to think up a reward!

Inky

One Too Many
My goodies from Besame arrived today (I live 3 hours north of Los Angeles).

I got the 1930's Mascara, the Vanity Case in light, the Compact in medium, plus an extra refill, Red Hot Red lipstick, Peacock Blue shadow and Pistachio shadow, along with a handful of puff replacements in all three sizes.

Everything is so pretty, I can't wait to use the compact and Vanity case. I love the blue shadow (oh my and is it ever blue!). I'd tell you what the green is like but I can't get the darn thing to open - will have to have hubby try later on!

I hope you all have as much fun with make up as I do - my mom used to sell cosmetic at a department store when I was 6-14 and I thought all women had that much make up at home all the time. Clearly the habit started early.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Inky said:
My goodies from Besame arrived today (I live 3 hours north of Los Angeles).

I got the 1930's Mascara, the Vanity Case in light, the Compact in medium, plus an extra refill, Red Hot Red lipstick, Peacock Blue shadow and Pistachio shadow, along with a handful of puff replacements in all three sizes.

Everything is so pretty, I can't wait to use the compact and Vanity case. I love the blue shadow (oh my and is it ever blue!). I'd tell you what the green is like but I can't get the darn thing to open - will have to have hubby try later on!

I hope you all have as much fun with make up as I do - my mom used to sell cosmetic at a department store when I was 6-14 and I thought all women had that much make up at home all the time. Clearly the habit started early.

Congratulations, when did you order yours? (What date?) I should be getting mine any day now..LOL

Inky

One Too Many
Desi - I ordered mine the evening of the 31st and they shipped it on Monday the 4th, it arrived around noon today.

Darhling - yes, I received a confirmation e-mail with a UPS tracking number.

I'm STILL trying to get the Pistachio eyeshadow open, hahaha, I am nothing if not determined.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:
Desi - I ordered mine the evening of the 31st and they shipped it on Monday the 4th, it arrived around noon today.

I'm STILL trying to get the Pistachio eyeshadow open, hahaha, I am nothing if not determined.

try putting it in the fridge for 10 minutes or so, the metal will retract ever so slightly and maybe it will help.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Inky said:

Those cases are hell sometimes. I warm mine up by putting it in a ziplock (in the corner) and running hot as hell water on it....then pry it open. The top part of it is so snug but the heat will expand it enough to get it off.

make sure that bag is water tight though..

And you may never want to close it again. LOL

Inky

One Too Many
Darhling - thanks for the tip - I hope I don't forget it's in there and then hubby comes home to wonder why my eyeshadow is in the fridge. Though I keep spare lippies in the freezer so he probably wouldn't wonder at all, haha.

Desi - that's also a good tip, if cold won't work then I'll try hot water. I hope when they redesign that they address this. The beige I received in my first order did it too but then worked itself out. I'm dying to see what the green is like!

Dani California

Familiar Face
does anybody know if they are going out of business? it just seems weird that they would get rid of this whole collection? i just got my package today and i got sad because i really don't want this wonderful packaging to go:(

also, does the pistachio and peacock blue go well with blonde / blue eyed girl?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters