Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

Sunny

One Too Many
Dani California said:
also, does the pistachio and peacock blue go well with blonde / blue eyed girl?

I'm golden brown / blue eyed and I LOVE the peacock blue. I ordered another one so that I wouldn't run out! The pistachio I don't use much; it's more golden and olive than it looks. It's not bad, though.

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
I was sent the copy of my reciept in my email, but no tracking number. I'm still (im)patiently awaiting my goods, as I've never used besame because I couldn't afford it! I think I might be placing another order, as soon as it gets here and I see the quality for myself. every time a truck goes by I think it's UPS and jump to the window to see.

Inky

One Too Many
Darhling - the fridge tip worked - i popped it in the freezer actually and went back about an hour later. I still had to use a dull knife to sort of twist/pry it open but it's open. Lovely olive-y green too. And i'm going to keep it gently closed, not fully closed, in my makeup case!!

I think the blue and green shades would look lovely on everyone - I plan to use them in the crease just as I do any brown or greys. Time to expand that color pallete for a mere $6 each ;)

Sunny

One Too Many
Dani California said:
wonder if the pistachio would look too yellow on my skin. how do you wear the peacock blue...just in the crease?

Actually, my eyelids fold so completely that I don't put shadow on them at all. I put it above and from the center to the outer edge of my eye, slightly below and slightly on the brow bone. This shadow is so heavily pigmented, too, that you can get anything from a light blue to a near-navy; I'd imagine you can use it however you like.

I'll try the pistachio tomorrow and tell you.

Dani California

Familiar Face
With the $6 price i am so tempted to get the peacock blue and pistachio. I love the socialite brown and it is all i ever use, but was thinking maybe a little color would be nice. Did they use these colors in the 40's / 50's? I always assumed they just used basic colors.

verazasulich

New in Town
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
I was sent the copy of my reciept in my email, but no tracking number. I'm still (im)patiently awaiting my goods, as I've never used besame because I couldn't afford it! I think I might be placing another order, as soon as it gets here and I see the quality for myself. every time a truck goes by I think it's UPS and jump to the window to see.

The same thing happened when I made my last order a few months ago and I suppose I put it down to them having to ship it all the way to South-East Asia. I had to email them several times to get the tracking number and even then it took a while.

I placed another order round about last week and I haven't got a tracking number yet. It's probably the same hiccup, or they're so overloaded with orders they can't breathe!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Sunny said:
I'm golden brown / blue eyed and I LOVE the peacock blue. I ordered another one so that I wouldn't run out! The pistachio I don't use much; it's more golden and olive than it looks. It's not bad, though.

I would also say that the pistachio isn't very good with blue eyes, it's very golden. Applied gently:

2416107562_bd267eb335.jpg

The peacock blue would be glorious with blue eyes. Applied gently:

2416107334_8370dcd5a8.jpg

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Anyone used the Plum Dandy eyeshadow? I already have the blue and green and thinking about getting the brown and plum colors. I also would like to get another Merlot lipstick as this is my favorite everyday lipstick. I've hesitated buying because I think the UPS shipping is a little high, but at these prices and since they're reformulating, I want to get them before they're totally gone.

They're probably going to have slightly slower shipping times because I'm sure everyone is just like us--trying to get their orders in before its all gone.

BTW, Laura Chase, love the colors, but your long eyelashes are to die for!

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Nevermind, I just placed an order and its actually better to order more than one product. I ordered 3 items and the shipping was close to the cost it would be for one item. I'm sure it'll be a wait to get my order. It normally takes about a week for me to get my items as I live in the Midwest and their company is in CA. But their products are so good (and long lasting) that it will be worth the wait!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
BonnieJean said:
Anyone used the Plum Dandy eyeshadow? I already have the blue and green and thinking about getting the brown and plum colors. I also would like to get another Merlot lipstick as this is my favorite everyday lipstick. I've hesitated buying because I think the UPS shipping is a little high, but at these prices and since they're reformulating, I want to get them before they're totally gone.

They're probably going to have slightly slower shipping times because I'm sure everyone is just like us--trying to get their orders in before its all gone.

BTW, Laura Chase, love the colors, but your long eyelashes are to die for!

Thank you, BonnieJean! :) I think the plum shadow is lovely, a very muted color (but can be built up, like all their shades), I have just ordered it myself after trying it from ShrinkingViolet. I'm also kinda sorry I did't order Merlot, wouldn't it be perfect for a 1920 silent siren look?

Vix Vixen

Familiar Face
Boy, their stuff is running out FAST! I was on their site last night debating whether or not I should splurge so I decided to sleep on it. To my dismay, crimson rouge and yellow cameo foundation were both not listed anymore!!! :( They were both there yesterday...::sigh:: The crimson rouge I have is the one I bought 2 years ago and so I wanted to stock up. Same with the foundation. I barely used it however I'm reluctant to use foundation that has been sitting around for 2 years...darn such a great price too. I mean c'mon. 4 bucks on what used to be $32. Perfect match for my skin too...oh well...[huh]

By the way, Hello ladies. I'm new =]

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
verazasulich said:
The same thing happened when I made my last order a few months ago and I suppose I put it down to them having to ship it all the way to South-East Asia. I had to email them several times to get the tracking number and even then it took a while.

I placed another order round about last week and I haven't got a tracking number yet. It's probably the same hiccup, or they're so overloaded with orders they can't breathe!

I emailed them last night and got a response this morning stating that my order was in the shipping process and when the items were shipped I would recieve a tracking number via email.

*sigh* I guess all I can do it wait, I placed the order on friday morning (8/1) and I do realize there was a weekend smack dab in the middle between then and now, but heck I could have driven to Glendale to pick it up! it's only an hour from where I live.

I was just hoping it would arrive yesterday at least as I was off, since UPS seems to always deliver later in the day at my house, and I work evenings.

Vix Vixen

Familiar Face
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
I emailed them last night and got a response this morning stating that my order was in the shipping process and when the items were shipped I would recieve a tracking number via email.

*sigh* I guess all I can do it wait, I placed the order on friday morning (8/1) and I do realize there was a weekend smack dab in the middle between then and now, but heck I could have driven to Glendale to pick it up! it's only an hour from where I live.

I was just hoping it would arrive yesterday at least as I was off, since UPS seems to always deliver later in the day at my house, and I work evenings.

Haha I would also think the same about driving over to glendale. The thing is, when they ship via UPS, it's a bit on the slow side. When I placed an order this morning I was disappointed to find that USPS shipping was not available. When they ship via USPS, that's when it gets shipped lightening fast!

Vix Vixen

Familiar Face
ok, now I'm really upset that I didn't purchase any crimson rouge from besame last night. I left my makeup bag open in my purse and 2 days ago, I put my son's sippy cup in my purse too (It was a quick outing so i didn't feel the need to use a diaper bag). Unfortunately, the milk must have spilled because I went to do my makeup this morning and found that my Crimson Rouge is now damaged! The milk seeped through the little besame container. The powder, of course, absorbed it...So now, not only do I have it drenched (and dried) in milk, but it smells of rancid milk...lol. Talk about bad luck. Do any of you other ladies ever think too long about buying a product and have it slip through your fingers? Guess I'm gonna have to go to a shop or a website that sells Besame's Crimson Rouge for it's full price.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:
Darhling - the fridge tip worked - i popped it in the freezer actually and went back about an hour later. I still had to use a dull knife to sort of twist/pry it open but it's open. Lovely olive-y green too. And i'm going to keep it gently closed, not fully closed, in my makeup case!!

I think the blue and green shades would look lovely on everyone - I plan to use them in the crease just as I do any brown or greys. Time to expand that color pallete for a mere $6 each ;)

Oh yay, good to hear you got it opened!!

Vix Vixen

Familiar Face
I didn't know where to post this but I found my empty besame lipstick tube to be very useful for holding bobbypins. If there's one thing I hate, it's digging through my purse for a bobby pin.
Just wanted to share this with the rest of you. I first pulled out the tube the lipstick used to be in so there would be space for the pin. Here are some photos of what I did.

besame.jpg

besame1.jpg

besame2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo