Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
BlancheDubois said:
I just received an email from Besame notifying me that the Bisque Souffle Foundation has sold out and will not be included in the order that I placed on Tuesday. It's just slightly too dark for me anyway, so I'm not overly disappointed.

I had ordered the Crimson rouge and a refill for my powder compact in Light which I assume are still available.

Well darn....now I am wondering if my order was before or after yours...and how long ago the Bisque ran out....

:eusa_doh:

BlancheDubois

Familiar Face
Miss Neecerie said:
Well darn....now I am wondering if my order was before or after yours...and how long ago the Bisque ran out....

I placed my order in the early afternoon on Tuesday and just a few minutes ago received the email about the Bisque selling out before my order could be filled.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Sorry ladies, I ordered Bisque on Monday and was informed yesterday (I just saw the email) that it was out and will not be included in my order. Boo!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Hello dolls!

First of all, thank you RetroQueen for hearing my pathetic plea. The picture of you and your skin was lovely.
Like the others have mentioned, the bisque is out of stock, which was a weight off my shoulders since I didin't know if it would match my skin anyway. Now the only one I have to "worry" about is the compact powder in light being TOO light, but I don't mind the risk since I *love* pale skin.
I think Besame has good customer service, they're just a little overloaded right now. They were really kind and changed my shipping method to a cheaper one (I had chosen the wrong one by mistake).

ginny

Familiar Face
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that I decided to try to get some definite answers today concerning the future of Besame products! So I called and asked if it is true that they are only going to make lipsticks in the future, and they won't be replacing any of the eye shadow, powders, blushes, etc.? She (Maria??) said that there are new products "in the works". I asked her specifically how long before these new products are out, and she said not before a year! I asked about the new Gingerbread mascara that I saw on a blog, and she said, yes that one will be out "soon".
The whole thing is so disappointing. I had ordered on the free shipping, false lash GWP weekend a couple weeks ago, before all of the price-dropping and the news of the discontinued items. I had asked in that order if they were ever going to offer the satin brush roll again. The response from Maria was that no, but they had a new brush set coming out soon. Now I wonder what their definition of "soon" is!

I'm so sad. No one out there makes anything like the Besame products. We've been hearing about upcoming products like the bakelite packaging, the hummingbird brooch/sharpener, the perfume, the cream blushes and concealers. Now it seems that was all hot air. :(

I stocked up, but sure wish I'd known the bisque would go so fast! At least I did get one right before the big clearance sale. Would have liked a back up though!

ginny

Familiar Face
More bad news

I emailed one of the e-tailers that only just recently started carrying Besame (last month or so), b-Glowing. I noticed they no longer have Besame on the website, so asked, is the company going totally out of business? The reply was, yes, they are "closing up shop."
I don't think Besame has been honest with us. I'm sad and irritated. Why not just be honest, so we aren't left hanging?

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Well here is the thing...-if- they are going out of business, its sad yes.

But -how- they go out is their deal. The fact they are selling stuff at a discount now is nice of them, considering they could dump it all and claim it as a loss on their taxes.......

Maybe they haven't -made- final decisions etc....who really knows, since a retailer might also only be told a part of the picture...and to be honest....are we really -left hanging- over a lipstick shade?

We all survived before they existed and I assume that none of us will hold our breath and turn blue and die if they weren't here tomorrow.

ginny

Familiar Face
Well, certainly no one will die over this, LOL! And yes, the prices are good. But, I think they could have handled the whole thing better, and I do think loyal customers have reason to be a bit irritated. They've been talking about new products for over a year that never materialized, and now seemingly never will. I have a hard time believing that no one at the company realizes that many people suspect they are really packing it up. If it isn't true, wouldn't they do something to reassure everyone, knowing that untrue rumors may lose them business?
It's not a life necessity, of course, but considering they were one of a kind, and now seem to be going out of business so suddenly, it's a little upsetting.
I only hope it's not due to some kind of family tragedy or emergency, since Besame was a privately owned company.

RetroQueen

Familiar Face
ginny said:
Well, certainly no one will die over this, LOL! And yes, the prices are good. But, I think they could have handled the whole thing better, and I do think loyal customers have reason to be a bit irritated. They've been talking about new products for over a year that never materialized, and now seemingly never will. I have a hard time believing that no one at the company realizes that many people suspect they are really packing it up. If it isn't true, wouldn't they do something to reassure everyone, knowing that untrue rumors may lose them business?
It's not a life necessity, of course, but considering they were one of a kind, and now seem to be going out of business so suddenly, it's a little upsetting.
I only hope it's not due to some kind of family tragedy or emergency, since Besame was a privately owned company.

Has anyone talked to Besame directly and asked them if they were going out of business?

ginny

Familiar Face
I didn't ask them directly that question when I spoke with someone on the phone yesterday, because at the time, I didn't think they were. But the (very young) woman I spoke with really hem-hawed around my questions, saying only that I shouldn't expect any new products for at least a year, and that the Gingerbread mascara would be for sale soon. Now I really do wish I'd asked that question!
Maybe someone else can give a call and ask them flat-out if they are going out of business, or "closing up shop" as the person at b-glowing put it.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
laughs....if they are going through a financial crisis....the -last- thing they need is all these people calling them and asking them, and I would hate to be the ones to be so impolite as to do that.

Its not like a bank where they -have- our money and are running off with it.

Time will tell what the deal really is.....

ginny

Familiar Face
Blondie said:
There is a seller on Ebay selling Besame foundation in bulk lots of 50 for $124.99
Yes that started *just* before the big clearance sale. At first, the ebayer was selling each one individually for $3.99 each and about $5 shipping! But, they had no bisque. :-( Then, all of the sudden, they changed the auction to the lots of 50. I think that Besame took them to task for selling individual items so low, and probably had a business contract with them that they were not following.

ginny

Familiar Face
Miss Neecerie said:
laughs....if they are going through a financial crisis....the -last- thing they need is all these people calling them and asking them, and I would hate to be the ones to be so impolite as to do that.

Well, that's business! When you have customers, you have to answer to them. And who knows if they are going through a financial crisis, as a company? I don't think it's "impolite" to simply want to know what's going on. The reaction most customer's have to misinformation, lack of information, or plain old bad CS is to simply stop patronizing that business. Though I do sympathize if they are going through some kind of crisis, personal or business, it doesn't take much to simply say in the email newsletter, "we are eventually going out of business" or "we will be stripping down bare bones for awhile" or whatever. Just a simple statement to let people know what's going on.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I suppose I see it as...they have told us that certain products are being cleared out to let them focus on what they want.

Thats what they want us to know at this point. It's their call as a company what to tell us.

Its not a publicly owned utility, they don't owe anyone any explanation of their plans.

They answer to a customer who has -ordered- in terms of where that order might be, etc. and as of right now, they are fulfilling that quite well and nicely. Past that, whether they offer a particular product tomorrow is their call, and whether they offer no products tomorrow is also their call. They would only have to answer to customers if they did not fulfill orders already placed.

Anything past that is gossip and conjecture. It doesn't really -matter- what happens to them as a company in terms of the products they are discontinuing, they will not exist -either- way.

It's certainly not going to get the orders from the sale shipped any faster if they have to stop to answer the rumour patrol emails and calls. They are a small company, and I would wager the customer service girl also packs boxes....

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Don't count on it....

Miss Neecerie said:
We all survived before they existed and I assume that none of us will hold our breath and turn blue and die if they weren't here tomorrow.

I may not survive...and I will definitely hold my breath and turn blue....

Honey Doll

ginny

Familiar Face
Miss Neecerie said:
I suppose I see it as...they have told us that certain products are being cleared out to let them focus on what they want.

Thats what they want us to know at this point. It's their call as a company what to tell us.

Its not a publicly owned utility, they don't owe anyone any explanation of their plans.

I agree, they, or any company for that matter, can do whatever they want in terms of providing information to customers or potential customers. It's just that doing it the way they have been usually drives business away, not a smart idea if they plan on trying to stay in business

Miss Neecerie said:
They answer to a customer who has -ordered- in terms of where that order might be, etc. and as of right now, they are fulfilling that quite well and nicely.

Actually, there have been some problems in that area, as well. Phone calls, messages, and emails not answered, late on letting people know that the product they ordered is sold out, mistakes with their order form that caused people to not get products they wanted (because by the time the mistake was fixed and the order processed, some items on the order had sold out), some products prices were not marked correctly on the website.

Miss Neecerie said:
It's certainly not going to get the orders from the sale shipped any faster if they have to stop to answer the rumour patrol emails and calls. They are a small company, and I would wager the customer service girl also packs boxes....

Which is why they should just be upfront to begin with, LOL!

Anyway, it's sad to see a great company, that started out with legendary CS, products and ideas, go downhill, for whatever reasons.

I'll be grieving for awhile. :(

Have a great Friday night everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy