Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best doggie names ever

carter

I'll Lock Up
I like Wallace and Grommit, but you can never replace Nipper.

The lady two doors down the street has two little fuzzy white dogs. One is deaf. Their names are....Wallace & Grommit!
Does anyone have Ren & Stempy?

Matt Noir

One of the Regulars
Well, I have a 7 month old Ibizan Hound (got him at 3 months). I named him Battledog Galactica

DSCF1603_%28Small%29.JPG

15.JPG

:)

Regards,

M

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MrNewportCustom said:
Or maybe it's because my quote lines are often from one or the other? (Ooh! Thank you for supplying my next avatar! lol)

Lee
Maybe unconsciously; I'm such a Lounge addict I get confused as to who says what and hadn't realized you were also a fan :eusa_doh: Thought somehow that was how you stumbled upon Benchley? [huh] . And you're welcome, my pleasure.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
BegintheBeguine said:
Maybe unconsciously; I'm such a Lounge addict I get confused as to who says what and hadn't realized you were also a fan :eusa_doh: Thought somehow that was how you stumbled upon Benchley? [huh] . And you're welcome, my pleasure.

:eek:fftopic:

BtheB, I became a Benchley fan back in high school, when an algebra teacher recommended I read, "Carnival Week in Sunny Las Los," which I just re-read a couple nights ago. It's in Benchley Beside Himself.

I've been a fan of Kinky Friedman for about a dozen years. Found his books myself, and met him twice. Nice guy.

I also like Dave Barry. I've read almost everything he's put in a book form, and read his novel, "Big Trouble" before it became a movie with Tim Allen and Renee Russo - I enjoyed them both.

Back on topic: My oldest sister had a dog named Freebie, because he was offered in the paper as, "Free."

Great name for your dog there, Matt. Good play on words for a very handsome hound. :) By the way, my cat's nickname is Mat, because he likes to sleep in doorways at night and often gets stepped on. lol

Lee

K

killertomata

I think that one of my bf's rescue greyhounds has a great name, just because of why she has it. She was a hunting dog who got her foot stuck in a trap and was left to die. By the time someone found her, her leg was in bad shape. They had to amputate it, and it took a few surgeries altogether to clear infection, etc.

They did a fund raiser to get money enough to pay for her care, but her story raised enough money for the rescue to help dozens of dogs. So they named her Charity.

Charity lives a full three-legged life with another rescued greyhound named Annie.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I have a pair of Australian Cattle Dog/Australian Shepherd mixes that my wife got for me when I retired from the USAF. I named them Bogie and Bacall. Bogie turned out to be a bit more happy-go-lucky than the real Bogie, but Bacall sure fits-smart, questioning, and decides for herself whether or not to do what you want her to do! :D

We also obtained three cats that were named Buffy, Willow, and Xander. Buffy's gone to live with our daughter but we still have Willow and Xander.

One of my wife's dogs is named Sundance. His brother (who died on the highway out front) was named Butch, of course.

Cheers,
Tom

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
When we first adopted my two dogs as puppies, their names were Sunrise and Sunset. We decided to change their names because they were so similar and might have made training difficult. We briefly considered calling them Rise and Set, but that had it's problems, too...

"Sit, Rise!"
"Come, Set!"

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I have two dogs and three cats.

The Akita is named Okami because that means "wolf" in Japanese and if you squint and ignore the way all his favorite foods are vegetables (...seriously...) he looks kinda wolfish.

The pitbull is named Mocha due to her color and that was her name when we got her.

The cats are:

Lummox (after Heinlien's Star Beast) who is sort of alien-looking and also quite the, well, lummox. He's a big dumb baby.

Hydrox, who's black and white and named after the kosher Oreo knockoff.

Ladybug, known to all as just plain Bug, who jumps like a flea, she's the most agile of any of the cats.

-Viola

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
OT: Pitbull?:eek: Make sure you warn me if you ever come visiting...

Watch out, she snuffles people and then goes to sleep on their feet. Its very dangerous to a shoe-shine. Mocha's a little insistent you scratch her, but she's very mushy.

-Viola

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
Even when she smells fear? I had a Norwegian elkhound try to rip my face off at age 3, and never fully got over it...:eek:

She's 40 lbs. of pudding.

The Akita is actually, horrifying, a 85 lb. rabbit. DOGS SHOULD NOT BEG FOR APPLES AND YOGURT. :eek:

-Viola

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I made him a bowl of spaghetti for dinner. With olive oil. He reacts to the words "noodles" and the sight of the olive oil can in my hand, its the silliest thing ever.

He's underweight, (because he leaves most of his Alpo or feeds it to "his" cat) so he needs all the carbs he can get.

-Viola

Air Boss

Familiar Face
We're just boring

Our three rescue greys are Jetta, Rolly and Omega. Of course they answer to chowderhead and goofy as well. Way back in the late 70's at Ft Ord, CA had a stray show up when I was sick as a dag (hmmm...). He howled all day and I was tired of telling him to please go away, please shut up... so I let him in. He travelled with us for another 12 years and was known as Please.

Rinsie-Pie!

Rinsie-Pie. Pig Latin for Prince. This Airedale could spell "walk", "gum" "leash" and more. My Great-Auntie Annie & Uncle Lou's pet. When I was a toddler, he followed me around and was there as a cushion when I fell, and nuged me up again. We loved each other. He would growl at my folks if they scolded their tiny brat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy