Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Dressed Politician in Western World

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
But please, let's show some semblance of civility and not digress into sloppiness. There have been entire threads on this forum dedicated to the general slovenliness of today's populace. This picture just adds credence to the fuzzy slipper wearing, pajama crowd in the local malls. "well the President dresses like the garbageman, so why shouldn't I?":rolleyes:

shamus said:
pres_day.jpg

Hahahahahhaah! Shamus, that is the funniest thing you have ever posted on the Lounge---bar none. Superb work. :cheers1:

Regards,

J

Burma Shave

One of the Regulars
Unfortunately, Pilgrim...

...the current administration has on numerous occasions attempted to -- and succeeded in -- preventing people from taking and publishing photos they don't care for. Flag-draped caskets, anyone?

"A political leader is a public figure - and can be photographed in any public venue, doing whatever is is that he/she is doing. THANK GOODNESS the gummit can't prevent that!!!!!!"

I'm in agreement with you. Anybody who thinks ANY photo should be "authorized" or "permitted" sadly misunderstands the concept of freedom of the press.

These three leaders should, it's true, be better dressed. That said, I can't speak to the other two, but I'd prefer Bush focus on being a decent leader (which means following the Constitution) than on dressing well. Until we can get politicians who can follow the law of the land, drawing attention to how they dress is indeed unfortunate. However, this is a clothing-specific forum, so I understand.

Dis

New in Town
Baron Kurtz: They should all be wearing frock coats, stiff wing collars and top hats.
league_nations_arrival_versailles.jpg

I like frock coats. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy