Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Biker jacket

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
Funny you say that -- I was actually looking at an Omega chrono diver, 44mm case. Yep, brown is different and unique. I can always pick up something nice in black next. I can see this becoming an intoxicating journey ;)

Last edited:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Oh so slightly off topic :p , but I am going to a motorcycle show this week. Not a club meet or the like but show casing all the latest bikes and gear. The thing is a certain few, brave the weather and turn up on their bikes in whatever bike gear they usually wear. A certain other few like me will go on the train or in a car and wear street clothes. Now then, there is a certain faction I am told who will travel in a car and change into bike gear, including boots but no helmet just to look like they have ridden there! Whats that all about[huh]

Edward

Bartender
Oh so slightly off topic :p , but I am going to a motorcycle show this week. Not a club meet or the like but show casing all the latest bikes and gear. The thing is a certain few, brave the weather and turn up on their bikes in whatever bike gear they usually wear. A certain other few like me will go on the train or in a car and wear street clothes. Now then, there is a certain faction I am told who will travel in a car and change into bike gear, including boots but no helmet just to look like they have ridden there! Whats that all about[huh]

Ha, yes... I've heard of that type. Often to be seen in a car park a quarter of a mile from the venue, getting changed. Surely that's where it crosses the line from clothing to costume...

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Here in the states, the classic biker jacket is still king with most riders regardless of which make they ride. I have one, stopped wearing when the whole RUB thing was at it's height! I started to wear it again a couple of years ago. There is a reason why it has lasted so long, it is a versatile jacket! I wear it rain or shine, when it is cold, zip it all the way up, when it is hot, zip it down and fasten the snaps. I wear it when it is to hot and even the fancy million vent man made fabric jackets are to hot.

Edward

Bartender
here in the states, the classic biker jacket is still king with most riders regardless of which make they ride. I have one, stopped wearing when the whole rub thing was at it's height! I started to wear it again a couple of years ago. There is a reason why it has lasted so long, it is a versatile jacket! I wear it rain or shine, when it is cold, zip it all the way up, when it is hot, zip it down and fasten the snaps. I wear it when it is to hot and even the fancy million vent man made fabric jackets are to hot.

"rub"?

IXL

One Too Many
I have several Harley-Davidson motorcycles, as well as several BMWs...and have never spent a dime in a Starbucks.....I'd rather spend the money on gasoline.
I have seen a few "Harley RUBs," though. A few weeks back, I was at one of the iconic Route 66 stops; the kind that always has about thirty or fifty bikes parked, all in a row. This couple, who appeared to be in their 60's, rolled up on a newish Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic, parking right next to me. This particular day I was riding our Piaggio BV250 scooter (a darned fast scooter!) and as this guy sizes-up me and my ride as he dismounts, he gives a little sneer...as he walks past in his official H-D brand EVERYTHING. This guy had the bandana, the official wallet (which he was pulling out of his pocket), pants, shirt, jacket, boots, sunglasses, a branded ring: he probably had branded socks and undies as well.
He looked like a member of Hell's Accountants as he wobbled his bike into position. I was tempted to say something in reply to him but his wife, who was following him and looked like everyone's favorite aunt, smiled at me and said "Oh, don't pay him any mind." as they passed, so out of respect for her I just let it go. I'll bet they next went straight to the dealership......
He WAS NOT wearing the classic biker style of jacket (see, there is a tie-in here) but was wearing more of a cafe racer style, with "Harley-Davidson" plastered all over it in about a hundred places. I sure wish I'd been wearing my Harley-Davidson branded jacket that day...on my scooter.........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot