Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso Dubow 1755

Dav

One Too Many
Morning gents, took delivery of the above jacket the other day so thought I'd show the lounge.
Jacket is seal brown Liberty horse hide, mid brown knits and some extra length added to body and sleeve. Overall I'm rather pleased with the result, possibly could have gone a bit longer in the sleeve but I think they'll work and the colour is a lighter shade than I thought seal would be, again happy with the result though so here's some pics.

All with flash I'm afraid, the light here is rubbish at the moment.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
My Gosh, Dav, that's perfect. I can't imagine why you'd add length. It needs to mold to your shape but other than that perfection.

Dav

One Too Many
Thanks gents. Having just been driving in the jacket I think the sleeves are fine, probably the fact I've been wearing an Irvin a lot recently which skewed my initial impressions.

Aether

One of the Regulars
That's lovely Nick. Nice looking leather on it too.
I've got to say, if (God forbid) I could only have one jacket, then it'd be an A2. So versatile and classic.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Very nice jacket, beautiful grain in the leather. I do like the shade of brown myself, but it is funny how all over the map "seal" brown is... you never know what you're really getting, there's a big variation from producer to producer.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Perfect fit and superb looking. Nice one Dav.

The sleeves look great to me. Wearing a jacket like an A-2 with knitted cuffs after wearing those with normal cuffs does feel different but yours looks bang on to me, and you've even got a bit of extra length there in the sleeves which will perfectly account for the elbow creases that will come with wear.

Edward

Bartender
Very nice jacket, beautiful grain in the leather. I do like the shade of brown myself, but it is funny how all over the map "seal" brown is... you never know what you're really getting, there's a big variation from producer to producer.

Which probably makes them all the more reflective of the "real thing"! :)

Nice jacket. Is that one of the New Year / Christmas specials from BK?

pawineguy

One Too Many
Which probably makes them all the more reflective of the "real thing"! :)

Nice jacket. Is that one of the New Year / Christmas specials from BK?

You talking to me, Edward?
sealions-sidebar.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Nick you new jacket looks/fits great. :thumb: Your pictures overall put mine to shame. Who is your photographer?

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Hi Nick, looks great! Is that seal, or dark seal? I'm on that sale too for a half belt, and the samples that were to be sent pre XMAS haven't arrived...

Dav

One Too Many
Thanks again gents. It's the seal brown, Bunyip.
I'm the pic taker, Fanch, if you look you can just see the remote(my secret to a decent pic) in my right hand. :)

Mark

Practically Family
Looks great Dav. Sleeves look fine. Amazing how the leather from BK looks so broken-in from the off, guess it must be the nature of veg tanned hides. Should get some more wear soon with Spring coming around the corner.

wdw

One Too Many
I haven't a clue about A2s, but that looks a great fit to me. So much so that I'm now seriously tempted to get one as a summer jacket. I like how it doesn't look tight on you.

It's a 42, but what are the back, shoulder, pit and sleeve dimensions? And is that style one of the less tight ones? I'd like something similar, but maybe darker with red or berry knits, if such a thing exists naturally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner