Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso Mfg - Official Affiliate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ausreenactor

One of the Regulars
Thanks very much. I spied one like it one of the reference books out there. Real McCoys (Japan) made a similar one. Only ever spied it in a 40 though. It had a white HBT tape with some unit designator and Sedalia Airfield on it? Was hooked when I saw it. I have been looking for a larger one ever since. Did spy a parachute lined Real McCoy but that was $1600 plus shipping. And it had a 502nd PIR patch on it. If the patch was good I would have been happy. I asked At The Front in the US for their fabric. ALL their Camo uniforms are made in China. WWII Impressions had none to spare. I had elected to use our Desert Uniform fabric. Andy at Bill Kelso took charge and found a supplier in China? Shipped it and I paid for the stuff I used. The HBT is not used in the sleeves. The standard 'tan' lining was used for the sleeves. For fit and construction reasons. I am yet to get my hands on it. If it makes it here by 07 December (the in-laws that is) then it comes to the USA as my cool weather jacket. Thanks again for your post.

Couchy

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
As the US economy sucks so bad, the only place I could source reproduction WWII US Herringbone twill camo fabric was China. In fact I gave up searching. Andy found it. The pics are on the Bill Kelso Facebook page now.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.681835601846734.1073741975.540638042633158&type=1

Threw a $300 Crown zipper at it as well. I figured match the contract to the zipper. No expense spared. Very pleased with the way it looks. Has inspired a fast Westfall order after Christmas too. In whatever hide Andy has at that point in time. No use waiting...

Looks great Couchy but a camo lining? Thought you'd be sick of the stuff from your day job ;)

Look forward to lots more pics when you get it.

Cheers,

Tim

andyfalzon

Vendor
The HBT is not used in the sleeves. The standard 'tan' lining was used for the sleeves. For fit and construction reasons.

Actually, (we wanted it to be a surprise) HBT was used in the sleeves of "the beast", because the fabric was not as heavy as we thought it would be so it was OK to use it.
Enjoy!!!

"The Beast"
1451505_681836351846659_1637230030_n.jpg

Last edited:

andyfalzon

Vendor
BK jackets are the best because they are carefully hand crafted only in the springtime on the thighs of fair Brazilian maidens that we keep locked in the basement.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
BK jackets are the best because they are carefully hand crafted only in the springtime on the thighs of fair Brazilian maidens that we keep locked in the basement.

My vote for post of the year here at the Lounge, classic :D

Couchy, I reckon that (can only speak from the photos) this looks better than the Real McCoy's version. The leather has a lot more character than the RM one I saw photos of back in the day.

thor

Call Me a Cab
"BK jackets are the best because they are carefully hand crafted only in the springtime on the thighs of fair Brazilian maidens that we keep locked in the basement."

Andy you could make a fortune charging people to take private tours of the factory! LOL!

Last edited:

Brettafett

One Too Many
Looks like you received the last of the Vintage Russet HH... I almost had that ;) But glad to see it made its way into such a good looking 'beast'...
Quite a unique jacket you'll have there! Looking forward to fit picks and a review. Nice job BK.
Any news on the new HH? Any russet or lighter VHH on the way?

andyfalzon

Vendor
Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
I like the camo lining. I've seen it in a repro before (Buzz Rickson, I think?) - looks superb. I vaguely recall reading it was based on an original jacket that had been relined using parachute silk?

andyfalzon

Vendor
Everybody likes it and we are getting requests for it, so we plan to use it on our half belt and other styles e.g. Aeronaut. We have some new styles in the pipeline too.

ausreenactor

One of the Regulars
The second series of pics show the craftsmanship with a bit more fidelity. I am impressed with the collar lining work. That 'old' zip looks the part too. Great work. The requests from others about the lining is an affirmation of my choice to go with that lining. Just ticking down the days til it arrives now.

Couchy

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"BK jackets are the best because they are carefully hand crafted only in the springtime on the thighs of fair Brazilian maidens that we keep locked in the basement."

Andy you could make a fortune charging people to take private tours of the factory! LOL!

May I have a private tour of the basement?

Justhandguns

Practically Family
The second series of pics show the craftsmanship with a bit more fidelity. I am impressed with the collar lining work. That 'old' zip looks the part too. Great work. The requests from others about the lining is an affirmation of my choice to go with that lining. Just ticking down the days til it arrives now.

Couchy

I have been chasing the camo lining for a while since I saw the offering from RM. I tried to ask one previous Scottish company to do similar patches with some very unsatisfactory results.

3.jpg

I am very glad that BK can offer this once 'limited offering'.

Last edited:

andyfalzon

Vendor
and we are glad to accommodate the special requests of our customers. We could take a shot at making an exact repro of the RM you posted above in case you need.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
and we are glad to accommodate the special requests of our customers. We could take a shot at making an exact repro of the RM you posted above in case you need.

Well Andy, well, I have already given up the idea already. I believe you people can certainly replicate this RM offering, but I guess BK do not want to live in the shadow of some other companies after all. Still saving up for you nice AN-J-3, maybe after new year for me.

andyfalzon

Vendor
Well Andy, well, I have already given up the idea already. I believe you people can certainly replicate this RM offering, but I guess BK do not want to live in the shadow of some other companies after all. Still saving up for you nice AN-J-3, maybe after new year for me.

Thanks, certainly we do not want to live in the shadow of other companies. Whenever we present a jacket inspired from the offerings of other companies we make sure it is properly enhanced and improved in order to have its own identity.

pipvh

Practically Family
Very nice! You've really nailed the Hercules. Plus it really helps to see the jackets being worn.

...By the way, can anybody tell me what hat is being worn here? I've been looking for that particular style for a long time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy