Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proffset

New in Town
I just wanted to give my last word regarding Thedi Leathers in this thread, after a few days I got my money back without any words, so Theodoro's last words to his (me) customer were here in the forum.
The last thing i heard from him before he sent me my money back without any email notification was that my private data was published (by him) and that he called me stupid.
I don't understand how you can be so offended that you have to behave like this, but well, to each his own.

What is important to me is the information that this whole order from Thedi Leathers was really my worst experience I have ever had in terms of orders in general. The worst customer support, i didn't hear anything for months after i paid, my details were posted on a public forum and i was insulted. Only to cancel the order without hearing another word.

In my opinion the customer support from Langlitz, Aero, Himmel, Goowear and Bill Kelso is worlds better, the makers just mentioned have always been friendly and understanding. I would not recommend Thedi Leathers to anyone. In my opinion, the product is really good (when you receive a product and it doesn't turn out the way it did for me), but the person behind it showed me his true face.

- So now to the Misterium Bill kelso. I found an interesting picture on the Mushmans Instagram page of a jacket Bill Kelso made for Mushmans Japan. The jackets are definitely shipped from Athens, and as long as I haven't been there to see it with my own eyes of course I can't say 100% that they are made there. But I do think that they are produced there, especially after this photo. Thedi can try to badmouth Bill Kelso as much as he wants with his assertion that the jackets are made in pakistan, the product is excellent and i don't think that the quality of either jacket is worse than the other.

Attachments

• mushman tag.JPG
    mushman tag.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 473

born113

One of the Regulars
I just wanted to give my last word regarding Thedi Leathers in this thread, after a few days I got my money back without any words, so Theodoro's last words to his (me) customer were here in the forum.
The last thing i heard from him before he sent me my money back without any email notification was that my private data was published (by him) and that he called me stupid.
I don't understand how you can be so offended that you have to behave like this, but well, to each his own.

What is important to me is the information that this whole order from Thedi Leathers was really my worst experience I have ever had in terms of orders in general. The worst customer support, i didn't hear anything for months after i paid, my details were posted on a public forum and i was insulted. Only to cancel the order without hearing another word.

In my opinion the customer support from Langlitz, Aero, Himmel, Goowear and Bill Kelso is worlds better, the makers just mentioned have always been friendly and understanding. I would not recommend Thedi Leathers to anyone. In my opinion, the product is really good (when you receive a product and it doesn't turn out the way it did for me), but the person behind it showed me his true face.

- So now to the Misterium Bill kelso. I found an interesting picture on the Mushmans Instagram page of a jacket Bill Kelso made for Mushmans Japan. The jackets are definitely shipped from Athens, and as long as I haven't been there to see it with my own eyes of course I can't say 100% that they are made there. But I do think that they are produced there, especially after this photo. Thedi can try to badmouth Bill Kelso as much as he wants with his assertion that the jackets are made in pakistan, the product is excellent and i don't think that the quality of either jacket is worse than the other.
I'm happy for you. And I'm glad that any reviews about all sellers appear here. Although conditionally not positive reviews are difficult to find. Particularly enterprising manufacturers fill the forums with their ambassadors or praise themselves using a lot of accounts.

born113

One of the Regulars
I'm looking forward to reading your first review on any jacket or maker, positive or negative.
If there are such reviews, then you will certainly see them. I cannot hide here, and even more so from my devoted readers.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
BK has made their version of the leather togs aviator jacket much like Freewheelers La Brea.

101_leathertogs_aviator_mg_2413-1.jpg

https://billkelsomfg.com/shop/product/leathertogs-aviator/
Yes it's nice, but it also cost £1,300. Other archive line jacket cost £750 plus options so a fully loaded one would still be under £900. I bet that's what the first customer who ordered this jacket paid, £900 (or less).
I know I know, it still cost less than FW or LW. And from the photos it seems just as good. I still can't stomach the upcharge after it has been developed though.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

All the tag says is it's made in EU. But that doesn't say much. I have made in (insert country) stuff that I know is 75% made in another country before light assembly/repackaging in the more expensive country. And I am ok with that. This is just how the world works.
I didn't place my BK order because it is made in ____. Or not made in ____. I did it because the price was comparable for what seemed like a very well made jacket that I can't get else where.
FWIW, I am sorry you had to go through what you did with Thedi. From my one Thedi jacket I got in the Classifieds here, he does make a very good jacket. Like Himel with an European twist. And is worth collecting or hoarding, however you look at it. While Thedi is no less than the brands you mentioned (I own all except BK), it is also no more than. But deserved to be collected and appreciated. Maker's personality aside. If you don't mind buying off rack and buying used, a Thedi jacket in the classifieds here is still worth it.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I don't think Thedi said BK is made in Pakisatan. I think he merely said he did not believe BK is made in Greece. If I am not mistaken the Pakistan angle was suggested by someone else.

Proffset

New in Town
I don't think Thedi said BK is made in Pakisatan. I think he merely said he did not believe BK is made in Greece. If I am not mistaken the Pakistan angle was suggested by someone else.

As far as i remember he said to a customer they manufacture in a 3 world country like pakistan or somewhere in asia and he justified it like this in his answer in this thread: "This Pakistani or Indian or Asian in general (I have absolutely no problem with these people, I worked in India for 10 years and I love them especially, since I have dozens of friends from there.) I have a specific problem with him, because he is a scammer and a liar."

How you want to understand these statements is up to you.

Fact is that he badmouths someone else and that is inappropriate in my opinion. Does anyone know if there was ever a response from Bill Kelso regarding these statements? Because as far as I know, Bill Kelso always delivered.

red devil

As far as i remember he said to a customer they manufacture in a 3 world country like pakistan or somewhere in asia and he justified it like this in his answer in this thread: "This Pakistani or Indian or Asian in general (I have absolutely no problem with these people, I worked in India for 10 years and I love them especially, since I have dozens of friends from there.) I have a specific problem with him, because he is a scammer and a liar."

How you want to understand these statements is up to you.

Fact is that he badmouths someone else and that is inappropriate in my opinion. Does anyone know if there was ever a response from Bill Kelso regarding these statements? Because as far as I know, Bill Kelso always delivered.

That is not fact, that is how you understand these statements yourself. You frame it as him badmouthing someone else because you have an axe to grind with Thedi.

Proffset

New in Town
That is not fact, that is how you understand these statements yourself. You frame it as him badmouthing someone else because you have an axe to grind with Thedi.

Of course it's a fact, google the definition and tell me it's not a fact. I think you try to embellish what he's saying, but fact is that he said "I have a specific problem with him, because he is a scammer and a liar." Calling someone a scammer and a liar is badmouthing them. How would you describe such a statement? as a simple insult? After all, this is about the reputation of a manufacturer and he makes claims and gives no evidence. He only testifies and apparently without ever having communicated with anyone from Bill Kelso. Such behavior is not okay.
And no, I don't want to grind an axe with Thedi (if i wanted to grind an ax with him i would write something bad about him all over the forum but that would also be inappropriate i'm just replying to others' comments on this topic here in the thread). In my opinion his works are still really good but his humanity as i have experienced it myself is uncivilized and extremely misplaced.
I would never do business with this person again, but does that mean I would tell someone "don't buy from him"? No, I would tell about my experience (without being insulting) and say make your own experiences, because it seems that such experiences as I had with him apply to very few.

Edit: I think this statement also applies here and to me, in relation to Thedi "after all, you should be able to appreciate art regardless of the person behind it"

Last edited:

Proffset

New in Town
If you are just going to continue along this route, it might be time to clean up and shut down this thread...As is it has run its course IMO. Please add new helpful BK info or stop drudging up your experience as it seems to have been resolved with a refund.

For me this Thedi topic has been ended with my edit in my previous answer here.

Edit:
Since you edited your answer, I should adjust my answer as well, otherwise it makes no sense.

And since this is the Bill Kelso thread I also agree that we shouldn't be writing here about Thedi Leathers anymore.

Last edited:

red devil

Of course it's a fact, google the definition and tell me it's not a fact. I think you try to embellish what he's saying, but fact is that he said "I have a specific problem with him, because he is a scammer and a liar." Calling someone a scammer and a liar is badmouthing them. How would you describe such a statement? as a simple insult? After all, this is about the reputation of a manufacturer and he makes claims and gives no evidence. He only testifies and apparently without ever having communicated with anyone from Bill Kelso. Such behavior is not okay.
And no, I don't want to grind an axe with Thedi (if i wanted to grind an ax with him i would write something bad about him all over the forum but that would also be inappropriate i'm just replying to others' comments on this topic here in the thread). In my opinion his works are still really good but his humanity as i have experienced it myself is uncivilized and extremely misplaced.
I would never do business with this person again, but does that mean I would tell someone "don't buy from him"? No, I would tell about my experience (without being insulting) and say make your own experiences, because it seems that such experiences as I had with him apply to very few.

Edit: I think this statement also applies here and to me, in relation to Thedi "after all, you should be able to appreciate art regardless of the person behind it"

If you want to argue semantics, we can do that all day long. Let's just say that I know what a fact is and what interpreting a fact is.

@handymike is right, maybe better add something useful about BK since you have ordered from them? Why not ask for a tour of the factory? You could take pictures and report your experiences.

Proffset

New in Town
If you want to argue semantics, we can do that all day long. Let's just say that I know what a fact is and what interpreting a fact is.

- Let's leave it at that, if i answer it it's definitely going in the wrong direction.

@handymike is right, maybe better add something useful about BK since you have ordered from them? Why not ask for a tour of the factory? You could take pictures and report your experiences.

- Well I've already provided useful information on Bill Kelso in this thread and I most likely will continue to do so in the future. Why should I ask for a tour? I don't question the authenticity.

And if @handymike is right, why are you continuing the conversation in a challenging way? If handymike is fair he should stop such challenging answers in my opinion. I don't want to offend anyone here, but you're obviously offended. If I hit you personally with any statement in any way, I'm sorry.

red devil

- Well I've already provided useful information on Bill Kelso in this thread and I most likely will continue to do so in the future. Why should I ask for a tour? I don't question the authenticity.

And if @handymike is right, why are you continuing the conversation in a challenging way? If handymike is fair he should stop such challenging answers in my opinion. I don't want to offend anyone here, but you're obviously offended. If I hit you personally with any statement in any way, I'm sorry.

Do you really like leather jackets? Don't you find it exciting to go see the factory and how they are made?

Proffset

New in Town
Do you really like leather jackets? Don't you find it exciting to go see the factory and how they are made?

If you are really interested in having such a discussion with me, write me a private message, I'm happy to discuss it with you there, but I don't want to create any pointless back and forth here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto