Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bills Khakis . . . what do you think ?

Barry

Practically Family
I tried the M2s on today.

Great material, stitching and color choices but the M2s simply didn't fit well. My problem is that I have short and skinny legs. That plus a larger waist (I need to lose a few) contributed to the problem. I guess the cut was just too full. I have found some other Khaki's that do fit but they were not in the nice light/cream color like Bill's.

I'm still looking for some great Khakis.

Barry

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member

Are you going to try any M1's? Though I think they may be fuller, so that may be more of a problem for you.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Mine are my favorites

Of the two M1P pair I have, the mushrrom ones are my very favorite trousers. They sit at my belly button and are nice and roomy. I'd get ten more pair in various fabrics if I had the extra money.

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
I CONCUR !!

Couldn't agree more with all these glowing testimonials - I got a pair of Bills
M1 button fly flat fronts a couple years back from Aero in Scotland. I was ordering my A2 from them and they were selling Bills at the time so I bought a pair to see what they were like. Needless to say, they soon became my favourites - I'd never worn trousers so comfortable ! Aero no longer import them so I just recently ordered two more pairs direct from Bills, - M1's but with zips this time. One pair in Khaki and one in Mushroom. They're currently at my tailors being hemmed - I get them back on Thursday. To anyone considering them I would give them my 100% recommendation

Windward

Practically Family
Hi all - want to buy heavy twill chinos which goes well with my Aero Windward jackets - so I am tempted to buy Bills Khakis . . . .!?

This was taken from the website http://www.billskhakis.com/shop/pants_twill.html:
"Our highly constructed, American made, 100% combed Original Twills weigh a stout 8.5 ounces per square yard, providing cast iron durability and versatility year round. It retains a clean sharp crease for days when professionally laundered, or machine-washes to a casual look. Our Original Twills arrive professionally pre-washed to stabilize sizing."

I am not that kind of slender and tall guy (178 cm / 5.10") more athletic build - so its much better to go with flat front.
My choice will be the Modell M1 plain front (a little higher on the waist) or the M2 plain front standard fit. (an 1” less full in the rise seat and leg) Color choice will be just Khaki and British Khaki.

Now my question: Does anyone own a pair of Bills Khaki and can give some advice, opinions or pics about the fit?

Thanks
WW

I've been contemplating these for about four years now...I'm glad I didn't buy them before I dropped the poundage, but now that I seem to be somewhat stable, I think I might go for a pair. I like the plain-fronts as well. Everyone I know and read that owns them loves them...I'd love to try them on, so I found a place somewhat nearby to have a look. I don't mind paying for pants that will last a few years...

Windward

Practically Family
I don't mind paying for pants that will last a few years...

Good point Butte - I feel like you and it remind me of the old saying ...you get what you paid for. Think I don't want to be disapointed but still curious how they'll look.

Good point Butte - I feel like you and it remind me of the old saying ...you get what you paid for. Think I don't want to be disapointed but still curious how they'll look.

Me too. Maybe some of the guys here have them. I'd love to pickup a pair of the lined ones for my trip next month...

PoohBang

Suspended
they're okay. I have a couple of pairs. Find them on ebay for cheap if you can. I'd spend the money on original ones if you can find them, but the Bills will do in a pinch.

Levi's makes a pretty good pair as does RRL....

GoodTimesGone

One of the Regulars
I have a couple of pairs of Bill's and I agree with PoohBang, they're just okay. Bill's tend to fit smaller in the waist than indicated. Mine are are labeled 34 but fit more like 33 or even 32. The absolute best chinos I've purchased are the RRL General Purpose Utility-Military LT. Hand Twill 9.50 oz. They come with a paper tag (with a red decal) attached that looks like an old military spec and condition form. On that they're called Standard Issue, Type D-2. These RRL chinos are excellent quality cotton and really resemble vintage military khakis. The 5 buttons on the fly are brown like they were back in the day. They retail for $195.00 but there's a seller on ebay that occasionally sells them for $107.99. A bit pricey but you get what you pay for. There's also a lighter weight 8.65 oz. chino (yellow decal tag) that sell for $67.99. They are excellent quality also but sometimes come in a distressed version with frayed cuffs (which I don't prefer). An important thing about these RRL chinos- don't go by the labeled size. I usually wear 34x32 and in these I wear 32x30. I got the correct size the first time because the seller gave the actual measurements.

bobm

A-List Customer
I don't see the picture in your link, but I have a pair of Bill's - don't remember the model, light weight cotton chinos and I think they are very well made, but would agree about that waist size. I too am a 34 and those are way tight in the waist, as mentioned. I also have a shop near me that has some of this season's heavyweight twills and chinos from Bill's and they are costly but appear to be of excellent quality. I also think Bill's shirts are made very well constructed.

Bob

Windward

Practically Family
....those are way tight in the waist, as mentioned.
Bob

Thanks Bob - if so - I hope that there is enough fabric in the waist to let out if neccesary. I am wearing "mens size" 38 and already ordered two in my size - we'll see.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
I've worn all kinds of 2nd hand Bill's. As has been mentioned, they are OK, but not exceptional as far as Khakis go. If you are going to buy something new, just spring for some Buzz Rickson's.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I second that. I have the Buzz Rickson's 1942 style model and I think they can't be beat by any other modern manufacturer.

Windward

Practically Family
I second that. I have the Buzz Rickson's 1942 style model and I think they can't be beat by any other modern manufacturer.

Buzz Rickson also an option - just searching for pics and have to agree good looking and classic high rise pants - best choice for my short leather jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo