Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BK Black Friday special

nick123

I'll Lock Up
It's now been quite a while since he posted on Facebook that we was about to reveal the whole company to the world... but of course that didn't happen.

October 22nd:

"Noticed how our fans are a bit confused about the origins of BK as well as our personnel's identities. Soon we will post photos of our team (during jacket making) to solve the mystery!!!"

That would put an end to some speculation. However, there are photos of both Andy and Platon out there. A factory shot would be nice though. I'm an advocate of those.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Does anyone know how much deposit these guys require? I'm waiting to hear back re the $720 special. I've been told up to 8 weeks wait which is fine by me.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Could someone please buy a Surrogates in a size 44 with a 27 inch back then (as many do with their jackets) get tired of it and sell it to me for $500 through the classified section in three or four months?

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Could someone please buy a Surrogates in a size 44 with a 27 inch back then (as many do with their jackets) get tired of it and sell it to me for $500 through the classified section in three or four months?
Just after their fat brother sells me his size 48...;)

schitzo

Suspended
Does anyone know how much deposit these guys require? I'm waiting to hear back re the $720 special. I've been told up to 8 weeks wait which is fine by me.

you managed to beat them down another $30?

I think with this type of deal you have to pay it all up front

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Ha! No. It's $750, when I wrote him an email I wrote $790...all over the shop I am. It's 50% deposit with an 8 week estimate delivery time. Choice of liberty HH or a Maltese goat. I'm all over it. Quite exciting if the 8 weeks works out. I'm thinking it should as they are probably getting rid of the Liberty to use the new Victory stuff..

pipvh

Practically Family
I tried on a couple of BK jackets yesterday at American Classics in London: a Hercules in russet Italian hh and an Aeronaut in cape. Both very, very nice indeed. The detailing was top-notch, as were the hides. The cape handled like heavy velvet. They're waiting on delivery of the 1930s Hercules we've been talking about here which I'd love to have a look at but won't be able to afford this century...

ericsanpablo31

One of the Regulars
pipvh - curious how the fit was? More slim fitting? Loose? My apprehension with bk is that although the jacket and leather pictures look real nice, I haven't seen too many fit pics. I'm interested in the Dodger.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
pipvh - curious how the fit was? More slim fitting? Loose? My apprehension with bk is that although the jacket and leather pictures look real nice, I haven't seen too many fit pics. I'm interested in the Dodger.

I just finalized my order of a Dodger. They did not have the lighter colored leather as The Dodger on their facebook page. I am getting a Seal brown Liberty Horsehide, with a wool lining. The lining is pictured on a Westfall on their facebook page. The jacket was $750 the lining was upcharge of $78, the shipping was $55.

Here is a fit Vid of my BK Duke. Their fit is very nice, something that made me order another. This Duke is a 44, my Dodger will be a 44. Andy sent the measurements and they

I have lost some of my mid section since this video so the sizing will be even better.

The Dodger size 44
-------------------
pit to pit 24
shoulders 19
back 24 1/2
sleeve 25 3/4

He said it was very close to the Duke in numbers.

[video=youtube;LdUlbtZmIWc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdUlbtZmIWc[/video]

mihai

A-List Customer
I guess I'll wait for an used one to pop up on eBay or classifieds. I already have 3 A-2 (LW hh, LW goat, Aero). I kind of got bored of them. The fact that is a different maker/contract, leather, trims does not warrant (to me) the whole ordering process (communication, eventual issues...).

Funny that I spend the worth of several jackets on eBay merchandise. I guess that being readily available is certainly a factor.

pipvh

Practically Family

The Hercules was pretty slim-fitting, the Aeronaut a little looser, which I would guess is how the originals would have fitted. I'm a fairly straightforward size 42 and bearing in mind that the Hercules was a 42, I would - should the occasion arise - probably go up to a 44. The Hercules is a sharp design whereas the Aeronaut is more obviously cut for comfort.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, the back is particularly neat, non of the baggy/puffy look so often seen on jackets. The hide looks quite pliable, how does the weight/feel compare to Horween's heavy front quarter horse?

This style of jacket has a pretty slim cut, but they make it work even in a bigger size, 44. I can wear this in the winter with a sweater, zipped. The leather is very pliable which comes through in the video. I have not weighed this jacket, but it is not light. Heavier than it looks, if that makes sense. I had a Aero cafe racer in heavy Horween to compare. Very different leather. The BK was near new when I got it. Doesn't need the breaking in or breaking down associated with LW hides or a heavy Horween. This is the Victory HH. I would avoid getting it soaking wet.

Terry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW