Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black 1920s German suit. Size 36

Next up for sale is this wonderful German suit that probably dates to the 1920s, but 1930s is not out of the question. Less likely to be 30s. It is made from a fantastically heavy felted fabric; very common for old German gear to made of this stuff. What is not common is for the lack of mothing. these suits are usually like Swiss cheese when you find them. They're like moth catnip. This one has only a very few inconspicuous small moth holes. Nothing to alter its wearability. Truly a glorious suit. Note that there is no colour variability. The apparent colour differences are a function of the camera.

Check out the trousers. I love that belted rear feature, and the pockets (see next post for closeups). And the buttons on the jacket are fantastic silk-covered type. Really very nice, indeed.

Here're some measurements:

Jacket
Chest: 20"
Shoulders: 17.25"
Length from base of collar to hem in back: 28.75"
Arms: 23"

Trousers

Waist: 17" (adjustable with the belt)
Outseam: 41.25"
Inseam: 29"
Cuff: 8.5"

These suits tend to sell very very well on German eBay. Offered here for the rock bottom price of £120. Check www.x-rates.com for the latest exchange rate to your currency. Shipping is extra and to be determined based on destination. Shirt and Tie are not included. I prefer not to use Paypal. I can accept bank transfers in GB£ and personal cheques in US $, € or £. PM with interest.

BlackGermanSB1.jpg
BlackGermanSB2.jpg

BlackGermanSB3.jpg

BlackGermanSB4.jpg
BlackGermanSB5.jpg

BlackGermanSB6.jpg

BlackGermanSB7.jpg

BlackGermanSB8.jpg

Silk covered buttons at jacket closure and cuffs.

BlackGermanSB9.jpg

bk

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
Hello,

I just wanted to say that is a very nice suit! I like the jacket particularly, but noted with interest the pattern of the trousers.

That is the pattern, near exact, to how my U-Boat leather trousers are...clasp in the back, etc.

Very neat! :)

anon`

One Too Many
Wow... I can't believe this has been up here for so long and not sold. I suppose the shoulders are a bit on the narrow side--given the rest of the dimensions--but even so... that price!

I might have to be interested in this after I recover from my current buying binge, if this is still around then.

Excellent piece, BK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy