Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Sheep Hat Works

navarre

Vendor
Nice shot Mike, but Holy smokes, we look so serious!?

On a side note, the "Free Estimates" sign in the drive way is a awesome addition, and the lighting on the hats is great.

Another Wonderful visit, if you'll pardon my pun :)

Norman Rockwell couldn't have painted a more telling scene, Mike. Sure, the glasses all look empty, but the bottle is still about 1/4 full!! And the HATS are spectacular, with your new Duplex-styled beauty being a true standout on that table!!!!!!

Lotsahats

One Too Many
I knew I couldn't stay away. I'm back in Bob's queue for a fall/winter hat, and browsing a few months' worth of his amazing handiwork has me all a-flutter. My place in line can't come soon enough!

A

Drdan

Familiar Face
Wow!!! I am very happy that I decided to take a look at Black Sheep Hat Works' offerings. These hats are works of art, and all the aspects of the hats are custom. I recently purchased my first "quality" felt hat (a Borsalino), but have come to the realisation that my next hat is going to be a custom. Can't go wrong with these! Nice to have something which is unique and at the same time, a work of art inside and out.

The models are all very nice aesthetically, and I assume that any of them can be tweaked to the customer's exact preferences. The use of an ostrich leather sweatband is brilliant, and the beautiful silk liners add a touch of distinction and class. The treatment given to the bow on the Black Sheep hat seen below helps to put these hats in a class of their own.

From the posts I've read, all have complimented the quality of the materials as well as the craftsmanship. I have no doubt that the waiting list for one of these fine hats will continue to grow. I feel that I would be very happy ordering my next hat from such a skilled artisan! Keep up the excellent work, naravve!

Drdan

Familiar Face
IMG_0261.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Garrett and I visited Bob again today so naturally I came home with a couple of hats. The first is a heather bunny in lichen with vintage borsy ribbon and halo edge. My favorite details of this one are the long awaited embossed sweatband (very kool vintage detail) and the vented crown.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
This one was in Bob's surplus rack, a kind of flat top western wide brim that I passed over many times before finally realizing the vented crown and patina were pretty damn kool. The weave isn't the best but I love the patina and openness of the weave. Bob transformed it into this:

Did I mention I love the embossed sweats?

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Mike I like very much this western!
It is something different from the usual straw hats.
The heather bunny with vented holes is interesting.
Very "summer" taste even if I think it will be better in the mid season :)

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks fellas! Daniele, I'm pretty much all straw when it's warm out but I like any kind of ventilation I can get in any hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24