Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Sheep Hat Works

Twincam1450

New in Town
Thanks guys for all the great comments. I had Bob add a little blue accent to the knot just to be a little different but not stand out too much. Bob did the crease, I think it's fantastic!

Mando, the color is "steel grey"

slc

Familiar Face
That's a fine hat. I like the blue accent on the bow. I'm expecting a Shadowhawk to finish soon, too, also in steel gray. It's interesting how the steel gray looks so different to the camera in different light. One of your pictures makes the felt look blue. Bob has a picture of a steel gray hat body in the sun on his website and it looks blue there as well.

Congrats!

howardeye

Practically Family
Beautiful Hat and the sweatband is out of this world. I just mailed my favorite hat to Black Sheep the other day to get that ostrich band installed. Thanks Mike for showing yours awhile back.

CPT/VSG

Familiar Face
I received a letter from Bob last week that stated that he is not accepting any orders after January 30. He is undertaking a backpacking hike on the entire Continental Divide which will take around 9 months. Every indication in the letter is that he will come back to hat making (I certainly hope so!) next year. Given that I have 5 outstanding orders with him, this is a little concerning but Bob has always been a fine, reliable businessman in my experience with him. So if there's a Black Sheep you want...now's the time to order.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
No worries CPT, Bob quit his part time job so will be full time hatting to insure his outstanding orders are fulfilled before he starts his momentous quest.

Cliffnopus

One of the Regulars
I received a letter from Bob last week that stated that he is not accepting any orders after January 30. He is undertaking a backpacking hike on the entire Continental Divide which will take around 9 months. Every indication in the letter is that he will come back to hat making (I certainly hope so!) next year. Given that I have 5 outstanding orders with him, this is a little concerning but Bob has always been a fine, reliable businessman in my experience with him. So if there's a Black Sheep you want...now's the time to order.

I recieved the same letter. I wish Bob all the best in his endeavor; sounds like quite a trip.

Cliff

TomS

One Too Many
I admire Bob's ability to discern what's really important in his life, and act upon it. Best of luck to him!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
I'm lucky enough to live a reasonable distance from Bob so get to visit now and then with various projects. If you don't already know, Bob can do just about anything, see this thread for example:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...rn-corrugated-sweatband&p=1583661#post1583661

With all the nice Pandoras posted on Art's AFHOF thread and elsewhere around here I asked Bob to make me one. I gave him an old Resistol western hat to be the brim and he got me an inexpensive Cuenca body to be the crown. I had a vintage silk tie I asked him if he could make a pug out of and here's the result:

IMG_0364_zps99b59848.jpg

IMG_0368_zps509677c7.jpg

IMG_0350_zpsc55d0ad0.jpg

And for fun a pix of Bob and some of my hats in his hands for this and that:

P1000753_zpsc0f83ddd.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Manfred, your straw/felt conversion was my inspiration for this project. It has one of the sharpest pugs I've seen. Thanks my friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner