Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Vicenza Premier 1930's Half Belt - 9 months

Janx

New in Town
Hey there -
Long time lurker and I really appreciate all the knowledge I have gained from this forum. My second Aero should be arriving shortly from Thurston, but I thought I would post some pics of my first. Got this beauty last Spring (Carrie posted it here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/thre...e-for-aero-jackets.77738/page-23#post-1914502) Thought some of you might like seeing how the hide breaks in.

I wear it all...the...time, but obviously took some months off in the summer. It probably has the equivalent of 6 months of constant wear. Cheers -

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg
IMG_1832.jpg
IMG_1834.jpg

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Welcome Janx! Your half belt looks sweet and really breaking in nicely. The contrast stitching is subtle but a nice touch. Out of curiosity how much length did the sleeves shorten due to the wrinkling? The sleeve length looks good to me as is so I wondered how you ordered it.
BTW- what up next from Aero?

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Great looking jackets and I love the creases on the sleeves. The high armholes are very nice as well. We don't see enough broken-in jackets around here as most of us have so many jackets it takes 5 years to put 6 months of wear on one of them. If I ever get another HH jacket from Aero, it will have to be the Vincenza leather. It appears to break-in much better than the waxy Horween FQHH.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Killer jacket and fantastic pictures but still looks like new! :D Seriously though, love the creases in the arms that none of mine exhibit, maybe because I tend to knead the sleeves back down. I wonder how many here with very long arms tend to do that. Anyhow thanks for posting, and welcome to the Lounge!

Killer jacket and fantastic pictures but still looks like new! :D Seriously though, love the creases in the arms that none of mine exhibit, maybe because I tend to knead the sleeves back down. I wonder how many here with very long arms tend to do that. Anyhow thanks for posting, and welcome to the Lounge!
Not me @Fanch. I'll take the creases. Now, if you make a mistake and get arms that are too short, then yes, I'd do it ;)

heron163

One of the Regulars
Hey there -
Long time lurker and I really appreciate all the knowledge I have gained from this forum. My second Aero should be arriving shortly from Thurston, but I thought I would post some pics of my first. Got this beauty last Spring (Carrie posted it here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/thre...e-for-aero-jackets.77738/page-23#post-1914502) Thought some of you might like seeing how the hide breaks in.

I wear it all...the...time, but obviously took some months off in the summer. It probably has the equivalent of 6 months of constant wear. Cheers -

View attachment 41767
View attachment 41768
View attachment 41769 View attachment 41770 View attachment 41771
fantastic jacket!

I will have one soon (I hope)

Janx

New in Town
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I was thrilled when I first tried it on, and the fit has only gotten better as it molds to me. The arm wrinkles started right away. I intentionally got them a bit long after reading here and talking to Carrie about how they shrink. These are 28" which is a half inch or so past the base of my thumb. The arms are so slim that they basically had to bunch up on day one.

The body is 27.5" which I think is pretty perfect. Any shorter at all would have been too short for me. I considered getting a bit longer on the next one, but opted for the exact same measurements. If it ain't broke...

The jacket also keeps me honest about my diet. I got it after losing quite a bit of weight and there's really no room to grow and still fit in it :)

As to next jacket, I have a Russet Maxwell that should be done this month. It's a Premier fit again, which I haven't seen many pictures of, nor have I seen many Russet Maxwells. That new batch of Russet looks amazing, so I am excited.

I do feel a little bit like I am cheating on this jacket, though. I enjoyed the one jacket vs many jackets thread a while back, and I think I identify more as a one great jacket guy. But hey, the opportunity arose and a brown one would be nice too, right :D

After this one I am done, though... ;)

Cheers -

Roma

A-List Customer
I do it too, Fanch. My arms are gorilla's and it's a habit for me to do that.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
@Janx, that is a killer jacket. I don't own any black leather, but looking at that makes me rethink my whole strategy! Very,very nice. Congratulations, it's wearing in beautifully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko