Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bloody Mary Mix

dr greg

One Too Many
bloody hell

I'm sorry, how could one be in a position where one couldn't make one's own......I can't see it as a drink one would try and have for breakfast hiking through the wilderness for example....;)
The ingredients are quite simple and should be in EVERYONE'S pantry surely?

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
dr greg said:
I'm sorry, how could one be in a position where one couldn't make one's own......I can't see it as a drink one would try and have for breakfast hiking through the wilderness for example....;)

Hiking in the wilderness is a situation that calls for water, with rum and a splash of ginger. For purification purposes. ;)

filfoster

One Too Many
Bloody Mary

There is a wonderful recipe posted on a neighboring thread but Tomasso asked about a mix, which I take to mean a commerically prepared and bottled concoction. I admire the purists who take the time to procure the ingredients and mix their own. I admire their aesthetic sense and liesure time and willpower to wait long enough to complete all these ablutions. Me? I use Mrs. T's and as much vodka (Smirnoff-because it's vodka and it's like lighter fluid) as I am in the mood for. And I add:
1 heaping tablespoon of prepared horse raddish
1 tablespoon or so of Worcestershire sauce
A generous squeeze from the Heinz ketchup bottle (trick learnt when I ran out of Mrs. T's)
a dash of lemon juice from a RealLemon bottle
a few dashes of Tobasco
Celery stalk? Maybe.

The mix saves a few minutes and allows me to drink less of the beer chaser during prep, than if I had to get out the mortar and pestle and potion up all the other potable do-dads.

And, If I have shrimp to eat with it, I can just mix all that stuff up for cocktail sauce, without the vodka and mix and then pour the extra into the glass and add the vodka and Mrs. T's and voila! I have a drink and an appetizer! Say, where are those nasty little salted things?

Boodles

A-List Customer
Zing Zang is by far my favorite

Tomasso said:
What brand do you reach for when you can't make your own. I'm a big fan of Zing Zang.
Zing Zang is by far my favorite in the bottle mix. I cannot seem to make any of my own which tastes better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner