Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blow dryer to create flipped up ends

Cleery

New in Town
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has dryer recommendations for me. I would like to flip my ends up like Bree in early season Desperate Housewives. My hair is fine but thick, and it doesn't like to curl. Also, I'm clumsy with a brush and dryer. Has anyone tried hairdryers with round brush attachments? Other flipping advice is also welcome. :)

Thanks!

texasgirl

One Too Many
I'd go get your hair cut to do that- they can cut it so it flips up. You'll still have to use a round brush, but it will make it a lot easier.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
Cleery said:
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has dryer recommendations for me. I would like to flip my ends up like Bree in early season Desperate Housewives. My hair is fine but thick, and it doesn't like to curl. Also, I'm clumsy with a brush and dryer. Has anyone tried hairdryers with round brush attachments? Other flipping advice is also welcome. :)

Thanks!

If you're not great with a regular brush and dryer, I'd most definitely try to avoid round brushes. They're deadly to hair! I'd try to achieve it with just your regular brush, I actually find I can do more with them than round brushes, they just work better for me [huh] Most definitely get your hair cut, and ask your stylist to show you step by step how she's achieving the look!

zendy

A-List Customer
I know curling irons are bad for your hair, but when I was in high school, I had my haircut to do this. It really helped on one side but on the other I had to use a large barrel curling iron. as soon as the hair cooled I'd round brush it once or twice. If you already have one it couldn't hurt to try. But like the other ladies stated, definitely get the hair cut if you plan on that being your most common hairstyle.

Shirin

A-List Customer
I agree with texasgirl, a good layered hair cut will make flipping easier. You'll of course need to add product to your hair, a lightweight mousse or gel. Use a large round brush, the ones with holes in the middle are best so the air can circulate through the brush while you blow your hair. brush from top to bottom and when you get to the bottom just turn your wrist upwards in a C shape. The end of the hair will catch at the end of the brush but not so much that it will wrap around the brush-If it gets wrapped around the brush, you'll have a heck of a time getting your hair out.
If you want to try a hot air brush, this one has 7 five star reviews.
http://www.sallybeauty.com/Hot-Air-Brush/SBS-345825,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair09-02

Antje

One Too Many
Shirin that is exactly the curling brush I tried to explain but somehow, I just couldn't find the proper english word for it, and also no picture,

but those we use in our salon, only from another brand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails