Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blue Westerns

Uberak

New in Town
I have been looking for a blue Western hat and haven't found anything aside from this.

http://www.baileyhats.com/cavalry-ii-hat.html

And, I'm pretty unsure about the blueness of that. Navy has a tendency to fall more on the black end of the spectrum. (Also, it is wool/beaver felt, and thus I would have to spray it with a water-repellent like Scotchguard.)

Though, there is always the option of having a custom-made hat, but that would be straining the budget.

(First post here, I hope this is something that warrants a thread.)

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I have 2 navy blue westerns. One is darker than the other but they are different felts, one is a beaver blend and the other is a bunny/hare blend.
Here is a picture to compare a black and my 2 blue hats.
2blu1blk.jpg

A 3x beaver Stetson
blustet01.jpg

A Billy the Kidd Stetson
blubk01.jpg

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Have you checked out good ole Evilbay ? ........you may strike lucky & find a nice fur felt, I don't think blue is a popular colour so the price should be reasonable.

mactire

New in Town
As a matter of interest do folks know of custom makers with blue felt? I have the beaver fur felt swatches from Art Fawcett but the midnight blue is a dark navy, I'd love to see a french navy or airforce blue.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Optimo has a Royal Blue in their 1000 felt. Penman has a royal blue for his Spirit hat. Bob at Black Sheep hand dyes felts, and I would imagine blue is achievable.

Uberak

New in Town
Have you checked out good ole Evilbay ? ........you may strike lucky & find a nice fur felt, I don't think blue is a popular colour so the price should be reasonable.

Actually, I looked on Ebay, and there was only a couple hats. One was a great looking beaver felt which is too small for me. 7 1/8 when I wear XL hats that feel a little tight on my head. The other is a "one size fits most" hat that has more of a fedora style going.

This makes me wish that there was a more affordable place to get custom hats from. I'm not necessarily looking for high-quality headwear for the sake of looking luxurious but rather something with the right color and size along with durability.

mactire

New in Town
If your're not looking for beaver there's Sterkowski which has its own thread as well. They do custom work sterkowski.com/ but when I enquired won't be taking any more custom orders until the New Year as this is their busiest time of the year.

Uberak

New in Town
If your're not looking for beaver there's Sterkowski which has its own thread as well. They do custom work sterkowski.com/ but when I enquired won't be taking any more custom orders until the New Year as this is their busiest time of the year.

A beaver is okay. It's mostly the price that's the issue. I guess I need to look elsewhere for a blue Western that fits on me. Maybe I do need to shell out more money, though I probably will be using that hat as a beater.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart