Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This episode was basically the set up for many storylines for the final 3 episodes of the season. I have a feeling they won't wrap up nicely, so we'll have some cliffhangers to wait on for sure.
"Out of it" Nucky was cheesey, but helped move the Margaret/ Owen storyline along by pushing her away even further. Did everyone catch when he called her "Mabel" during the birthday party? Mabel was his deceased wife's name. And then she saw just how consumed he was with Billie. I loved that he kept Margaret in the room (did he even realize it was her?) during his conversation with Eli and Owen. The look on her face when she heard how brutal he could be was incredible.
I wish there were more than 3 episodes left:(

Man, that was a crazy episode! Rosetti took three scenes to come into his own and I can't figure out how to kill him off in a way he deserves.
Wow.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Man, that was a crazy episode! Rosetti took three scenes to come into his own and I can't figure out how to kill him off in a way he deserves.
Wow.

He's so over the top violent that to do him in that same way would be almost cliched.
:director:I'd like to see him at ease and smugly confident in his position of power and control, and in that unguarded state have something so innocuous as choking on a steak and his lovely dining companion thinking he's being funny by making funny faces and turning blue so she just giggles and ignores that he's choking and then down he goes. Kerplunk.

So what about Mr. Slater?! I was surprised at that twist! Do you think he was string Margaret along or stringing the maid along?

He's so over the top violent that to do him in that same way would be almost cliched. :director:I'd like to see him at ease and smugly confident in his position of power and control, and in that unguarded state have something so innocuous as choking on a steak and his lovely dining companion thinking he's being funny by making funny faces and turning blue so she just giggles and ignores that he's choking and then down he goes. Kerplunk. So what about Mr. Slater?! I was surprised at that twist! Do you think he was string Margaret along or stringing the maid along?
I think he was going with Margaret. Was. They were boring the heck outta me to be honest. That needed a "twist" so onward!Only two episodes left. Anything can happen!

RBH

Bartender
A couple nice thin ribbons being worn tonight. By Gyp and Richard.

A screencap of Richards hat.

bwthin.jpg

Indyoriginal

New in Town
My prediction: Nucky seeks out Robert's skills to take care of some business in Tabor Heights and NYC. That was such a depressing episode (except for Robert), they really have to pull out all the stops at this point to satisfy me. I want to see Rossetti's head on a plate.

He's so over the top violent that to do him in that same way would be almost cliched.
:director:I'd like to see him at ease and smugly confident in his position of power and control, and in that unguarded state have something so innocuous as choking on a steak and his lovely dining companion thinking he's being funny by making funny faces and turning blue so she just giggles and ignores that he's choking and then down he goes. Kerplunk. ...

There's no shortage of out-and-out killers in that bunch, but it's almost obscene the way the Rosetti character is drawn, as a man who takes such pleasure in the most foul, disgusting, abject cruelty. If the writers persist in having him taking out his frustrations on poor putzes in a manner similar to what they've given us to date, I very well might lose my appetite for the entire enterprise.

It would be satisfying to have him turn into a simpering mass of Jello in the face of a kid ("I'm lookin' fer the man that shot my Paw") or some chubby underling who has him in a corner.

Last edited:

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^I have a feeling one of Gyp's own men will wind up killing him, possibly the guy whose cousin got his head bashed in.
For these men to live in such fear, for never knowing what is going to set Gyp off and to have to wait.....to know if he's "joking". It's too much. So while Nucky may never get to Gyp, I think he'll be dead by the season finale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy