Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boardwalk Empire Season 2

John Murray

Banned
I have been selling alot of a cap I am calling Boardwalk Empire Season 2 by Donegal Importers. Its a nice donegal tweed in grey and the cap looks like a irish cap and a baseball cap. When you have a moment feel free to check it out on www.Iamaspammingmonkey.com
We have had 3,000 caps in various styles hand woven in Donegal, Ireland ths summer. Getting ready for the cool weather! - John

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been watching first season episodes since we have a free 3 months of HBO/Cinemax from AT&T Universe.
The last episode I saw was interesting from a hat perspective because Al Capone was in a synagogue & was told to leave his cap on to show respect to God.
The Jewish man then asked him why he was a man but still wore a "boy's cap"? The next time you see Al Capone he is sporting a nice fedora, no Hollywood brim tho.....

Last edited:

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I've been watching first season episodes since we have a free 3 months of HBO/Cinemax from AT&T Universe.
The last episode I saw was interesting from a hat perspective because Al Capone was in a synagogue & was told to leave his cap honor to show respect to God.
The Jewish man then asked him why he was a man but still wore a "boy's cap"? The next time you see Al Capone he is sporting a nice fedora, no Hollywood brim tho.....

I paid particular attention to that scene and was very impressed with the way they carried it off. Jewish scenes in show biz, rare as they are, have had a history of not being all too convincing. This was done very well.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Re watching the first season now. What a great show can not wait for the season to start again. All the great hats and clothes that this show has what a treat for a vintage hat lover.
If you love hats watch this show!!!

RBH

Bartender
The last episode I saw was interesting from a hat perspective because Al Capone was in a synagogue & was told to leave his cap on to show respect to God.

Hey Tom.. watch all of it. You will like it.

T Rick

Practically Family
Very cool show, which I just "discovered" a few weeks ago. At the time, HBO was running episodes 1-6 in "on demand" (took them down on Sept. 5 though). So I saw them, then discovered the reruns once a week on Saturday at 10:00 PM Eastern. I missed episode 7 (DVD probably in the future), but have seen 8, 9 and 10. 11 airs Saturday night (recording on DVR, I'll be enroute to Florida) and 12 the next week. Then, the new season. Place I'm staying in FL. has Direct TV, not sure if they have HBO or not. DVR set for the new season (another 12 episodes), so at worst, I should catch it all months down the road when I migrate North again. Really cool show IMHO. Great wardrobes.

Duper

Practically Family
For fans of the show I believe season 2 kicks off tonight up here in Canada anyways. Perhaps HBO in the U.S. follows the same schedule. I was on the HBO website yesterday and they do unfortunately sell one nasty looking and inexpensive "Nucky" hat in their merchandise area.

RBH

Bartender
Heres a shot of Nuckys hat.

Nucky-Thompson-007.jpg

Effingham

A-List Customer
Man, I hate it when they sell total crap that doesn't even LOOK like the thing it's supposed to be. Do people actually BUY that kaka?

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Everything about HBO's version of that hat is wrong, the color, the black band, the shape and taper... the worst of it all is the color. I could sort of understand a tapered remake of Nucky's hat with the same color. That sort of thing happens all the time to Indiana Jones' hat, after all.

RichardH

One of the Regulars
This is one of my favorite shows, however is Paz De La Huerta´s character supposed to be on some kind of drugs or something? Her behaviour seems really odd to me.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Heres a shot of Nuckys hat.

Nucky-Thompson-007.jpg

Great shot of an awesome hat: one of my favorites I've ever seen on TV. I gave up HBO about two years ago, but was fortunate to catch the season 2 opening during an HBO promo period. Very cool-- very stylized, picturesque. Almost stage-like in the unnaturalness of the dialogue and blocking, IMHO. That network does that kind of thing very well.

I see what you guys mean about the one for sale on HBO's website. It has absolutely nothing to do with Buscemi's signature Nucky hat whatsoever. If you wore that one on Halloween attempting to dress as Nucky, you'd be mistaken for a bum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy