Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Body Shape Questions

ZoetteVDT

New in Town
Finally other people with the same problem!
I'm 36-24-35 and it's amazing how many clothes won't fit hat waist to hip ratio!

p.s I definitely wouldn't consider 36D's a problem!

Puzzicato

One Too Many
I end up getting all of my trousers taken in at the waist. And the couple of straight skirts that I have were bespoke, so they accommodate my enormous backside and still fit on the waist.

I don't think I could cope with 36Ds - my shoulders hurt enough from 36Cs!

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
Amy Jeanne said:
Big breasts are not fun and anyone who wants bigger is, frankly, nuts lol

I have permanent indentations on my shoulders from having to wear a bra 24/7 (except in the shower, of course!), I can't go braless because they begin to hurt, blouses NEVER fit correctly, and those things are always in my way when I'm trying to exercise.

I'd kill for a B.

I think you should get measured. A 36D really is not that big at all so I don't understand why it's causing you so my pain. Apparently over 80% here in the UK wear the wrong size so it'll probably be a good thing to go get measured.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Babydoll said:
Hahaha! I went from big breasts to ginormous ones when I had my daughter and started breastfeeding (a full C cup to a G). I'm hoping once I'm done they will go back to their "normal" size. My sister told me that hers didn't go down after she was done breastfeeding. She actually had a reduction surgery. :rolleyes:
That's what happened to me.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
i_am_the_scruff said:
I think you should get measured. A 36D really is not that big at all so I don't understand why it's causing you so my pain. Apparently over 80% here in the UK wear the wrong size so it'll probably be a good thing to go get measured.

That's a good idea -- I've never been measured. I do have strap indentations, and my breasts spill out of the sides sometimes. I'm probably bigger and just don't want to admit it to myself. :(

PS -- I wanted a breast reduction at 12, also. I sprouted overnight!! lol I hated them so much I even wanted a sex change for a brief moment in time at age 12 lol BOYS didn't have these problems!! I'm happy to be 100% female these days ;)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Amy Jeanne said:
That's a good idea -- I've never been measured. I do have strap indentations, and my breasts spill out of the sides sometimes. I'm probably bigger and just don't want to admit it to myself. :(

oh yes...if you have any side spillage....that would indicate size issues.

sorry :(

But...I will say that sizes drastically depend on brands too....I am a total cheapskate and buy cheap bras...and so I do have to be careful and size up.

Think of it this way...its about the fit...not about the number the company prints on the item.....better fit...means you look and seem perkier...and that's always a good thing!

and no one else can -read- the number on it while you are wearing it anyhow, its your secret.

Jezebel_Amazon

One of the Regulars
I'm a pear also. I think the only thing that looks bad is anything pegged looking.. (Anything that gets slimmer towards the ankles) because the silhouette is going to draw attention to your hips/bum. High waisted and wide legged things work best with bigger bottom halves.

Just be glad that your aren't completely misshapen, like myself.

36C- 30 - 43 (It was worse when I was 36-28-43 a few months ago)

I also happen to have broad shoulders.. so Puffs and shoulder pads aren't an option.

D

Deleted member 12480

i am making an effort to accept how i look and the ladies on FL have helped a lot but i really hate my silhouette.

I'm 34-27(to 9, depending)-37

its horrible. :(

Bra shopping actually brought me to tears when i went to get measured and i tried on a 32c then a 34c then a 34b then a 34A and she told me it was the best i was going to get. (i still had gaps at the top) who was i kidding with a 32 c? no i'm just broad with no boobs.

i wouldn't mind except if you looked at my shadow you wouldn't even know i had them. literally - they are so close together? it doesn't look right with bras on the bras look like they don't fit and all the side srap bits can be seen accross my front. :(

you'd have thought that being kind of not a supermodel like me that i might actually gain some weight there but apparently only at my waist.
[huh]

Annie
xxxxxxxx

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
deleteduser said:
i am making an effort to accept how i look and the ladies on FL have helped a lot but i really hate my silhouette.

Annie sweetie, you have pretty standard vintage proportions.
Check out this size chart I have.

standardmeasurements.jpg

Perhaps this will give us all some perspective.

LD

D

Deleted member 12480

well i just got blanked haha. I don't know what to say. [huh]

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
deleteduser said:

Lady Day is right, Annie. Your proportions are just fine! I'm 35 (36 with padded bra)-27/28-38/39. I'm not that far off from you, actually. I think you'll find as you get to shopping for vintage that they're not bad proportions to have as far as being able to find stuff that fits you! Just remember that you can always get a pair of cutlets for your bra and you may be much happier with the way it looks - and as someone (I believe Lizzie) noted earlier in this thread, cutlets are totally vintage!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I found this chart on one of my patterns and I find it an invaluable tool. I think we need to remember that standard was not an hourglass. Today I guess it is, but in the day pear shape ruled! I mean it is the most common female body shape.

I wish I were as lucky as you, Lolly. I cross three sizes, HA! lol

LD

D

Deleted member 12480

KittyT -cutlets! what a brilliant word.

I guess its alright - except i see loads and loads of vintage that has my waist and bum, but then 40in busts?!

How does this even work!

xxx

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
deleteduser said:

I guess its alright - except i see loads and loads of vintage that has my waist and bum, but then 40in busts?!

How does this even work!

xxx

No, if you are referring to ebay, those are the garment measurements, not the *person* measurements. Perhaps the top is to drape a specific way because of garment ease, or there are pleats, or the measure of the flat garment is a little off, or if it was hand made, special measurements. Countless reasons.

So take a breath, have a cookie (or better yet a lemon square!), some tea, and realize you are just fine the way you are :)

LD

LizzieMaine

Bartender
deleteduser said:

It's a pretty good chance they were wearing pads upstairs -- or cutlets, if you like. There was never a whole generation of women born with perfect pointy pneumatic bosoms -- one way or another, gals have found ways to compensate and adjust to fit the silhouette of the moment.

D

Deleted member 12480

Lady Day said:
No, if you are referring to ebay, those are the garment measurements, not the *person* measurements. Perhaps the top is to drape a specific way because of garment ease, or there are pleats, or the measure of the flat garment is a little off, or if it was hand made, special measurements. Countless reasons.

So take a breath, have a cookie (or better yet a lemon square!), some tea, and realize you are just fine the way you are :)

LD

that would make sense. i'm off to have a giant mug of tea. and stop stressing. thankyou :)

D

Deleted member 12480

LizzieMaine said:
It's a pretty good chance they were wearing pads upstairs -- or cutlets, if you like. There was never a whole generation of women born with perfect pointy pneumatic bosoms -- one way or another, gals have found ways to compensate and adjust to fit the silhouette of the moment.

i had a look on ebay but i couldn't find anything under 'falsies' or 'cutlets' lol

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

December

One of the Regulars
Annie, you'll hate me for saying this, I know, but wait a few years and see what happens.

When I was your age, I was a 34B. A year later I was 36DD. Now I'm 36FF and wish I had my 15 year old body back! lol

You may well find your body changes over time. If it doesn't, then no big deal. You're fine the way you are.

According to that size chart, I'm part 42, part 18 and part 40!!

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
deleteduser said:

Oi, that's my size! Don't go criticising the best silhouette EVER ;)
Honestly, Anniepants, it's just a case of finding stuff that suits. I find my Able Grable frock the best fit because it shows off my waist. I didn't think puff sleeves would work on me, being broad shouldered, but they do and with the waist everything seems to balance perfectly.

Keep trying, m'love, you'll get it right eventually x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou