Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino Bankrupt?

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Pardon me Sir, as Italian I'm worried to lost another Italian excellence.
Borsalino it is not only name you can use for everything, is a way to produce hats that are distinguished and world wide esteemed.
For some reasons (right or wrong) Borsalino is the HAT

Pardon me Sir, as Italian I'm worried to lost another Italian excellence.
Borsalino it is not only name you can use for everything, is a way to produce hats that are distinguished and world wide esteemed.
For some reasons (right or wrong) Borsalino is the HAT

True but another hat company could buy the name and make hats with the name. You still have Cuervo, Panizza and Guerra if I remember correctly. One of them could buy the name and expand their market share.
My point was not to worry because I am sure someone will keep the name going. it might even be a better hat for it in the long run---at least I hope so. Conservare la fede. Everything will be fine in the long run.

Barbisio has been part of Cervo for a long while. Falcus makes Panizza and the old factory in Ghiffa is a museum. As a fellow Italian I am with Daniele regarding Borsalino. Borsalino still has a factory in Alessandria making felt to hat. This is something that I don't want to see go away. It's not all about the style or quality of hats they make today.

Last edited:

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Cervo is the only other factory that does their own felt in Italy. But there are many problems with this factory so i doubt they would ever get the license to produce Borsalino if the factory ever closes.
Im hoping there will be a new owner who wil be able to put money back into the company so that it can run efficiently. -not some big corporation that will drain all of its resourses as what is happening now.

tommyK

One Too Many
Im hoping there will be a new owner who wil be able to put money back into the company so that it can run efficiently. -not some big corporation that will drain all of its resourses as what is happening now.

Considering the cost of labor and regulatory environment in Italy I don't see a lot of rational businessmen clambering to invest in this company. Their best hope is for a very rich sentimental Italian Zuckerberg-type.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
That is what happened with Cervo. A wealthy buyer bought the company to keep the "tradition" alive. As for Borsalino I hope that a company such as Gucci or Prada will have an interest in keeping the name going. There isn't another hat company that could buy the factory outright ...too expensive.

Charlie, Charlie you know italian language in a sarcastic way?:eusa_clap
Who teached you so well?:eek:

My pisons here in the States, Daniele! Italians have been an important part of this country since Columbus, right?
Many of my closest pals over the years are of Italian descent, or purely Italian. And don't get me going on the food of Italy. MMMmmmmmmmm! (Northern OR Southern, or Sicilian!!)
So, while I don't speak Italian, it's a beautiful language to hear. Over the years, I have managed to pick up a few phrases or words, but I'm not quite ready for a courtroom debate. Not even close to ready!

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
E bravo Carletto. Qui sono anche sbocciati i fiori dei mandorli.
Spero rimanga questo tempo, ma come ben sai, già gli Italiani, si lamentano del troppo caldo a Marzo :)
Hai spesso dei bei cappelli indosso. Bravo

Charlie this is your first exercise for the weekend to check your italians.
If it will be good I will provide you a special food recipe. :rolleyes:
;) I'm waiting standing next to the chair

Thank you, James! MY son was amused by the fact that I didn't just Google it, or he has an app.... of course.

How are we doing, Daniele?

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
You are doing quite well :rolleyes: Charlie
Jamespowers last line is not good!
I often wear beautiful hats
You often wear beautiful hats
Carletto è il dimunitivo di Carlo, so Carlo is Charles, Carletto is Charlie.
Since we have a fiorentino on the carriage I have to displaced myself from the chairs.
They speak italians from the birth, even if with a weird pronunciation.lol
We venetian (my generation) started to speak italian language at the age of six when we went to school before our dialect was the native language.

Now we are completamente fuori tema......qualcuno potrebbe arrabbiarsi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy