Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino Como IIs?

Pietro

New in Town
I am always on the lookout for hats with slightly wider brims and slightly smaller crowns (like my cherished Cervo which is no longer sold in the USA). I'm very tall, so I don't need a tall crown making me look taller, and I need the wider brim to keep the sun off (I got introduced to hats by a doctor who said my fair skin makes it necessary for me to wear a hat).

I'm interested in the Borsalino Como II, which has the wider brim and shorter crown.

http://www.bencrafthats.com/product.php?pid=244&subcname=Felt+Hats

Does anybody know anything about these hats? I was told that Como II was a style name used by Bollman (Bailey) hats when they were making Borsalino under a licensing agreement. Is that bad? Are Como IIs as high quality as Borsalinos?

duggap

Banned
I have a Borsolina Como, which has a 2 and 1/2 inch brim. If the Como II is the same hat with just a wider brim than I would highly recommend the hat. If, however, it is not the same hat, than I am sorry but I can't help. I have been very satisfied with my Borso. It is wonderfully soft and comfortable.:)

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The Como 2 is made in Italy by Borsalino . It has abosutely nothing to do with the garbage that Bollman made 15 years ago .
i sometimes see the American made Borsalino hats on Ebay being sold for the Italian versions. It makes my blood boil!

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
When I finally decide to get a Borso, I really think I need to go to NY and see Steven in person, and let the amazing people that work at his store help me find the right one. I need to see them up close...try a number of them on and really see what sits best on my head....there are a few Borso's I want, and I bet there are others that I don't know I want yet....:eek: :D :eusa_clap

kaosharper1

One Too Many
besdor said:
The Como 2 is made in Italy by Borsalino . It has abosutely nothing to do with the garbage that Bollman made 15 years ago .
i sometimes see the American made Borsalino hats on Ebay being sold for the Italian versions. It makes my blood boil!

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

How can you tell one from the other? Newbies to vintage would like to know!

duggap

Banned
Colby Jack said:
When I finally decide to get a Borso, I really think I need to go to NY and see Steven in person, and let the amazing people that work at his store help me find the right one. I need to see them up close...try a number of them on and really see what sits best on my head....there are a few Borso's I want, and I bet there are others that I don't know I want yet....:eek: :D :eusa_clap
Jack, you are just looking for a reason to go visit New Yorklol But in case you go, make sure you get my order.;)

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The easiest way to tell the difference between the USA and Italian hats are that the American ones did not say made in Italy on the leather band. It was left out. Also the "feel" of the hat was different. The USA ones were much stiffer than the Italian ones. I still have a few left in stock. Why we ever bought them is a mystery to me.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Neil

A-List Customer
Wow!

I love that look.
Wide brim, medium crown. Fabulous.
And a lot of colors. I think I shall get in touch with Bencraft.

Cary Grant

New in Town
duggap said:
I have a Borsolina Como, which has a 2 and 1/2 inch brim. If the Como II is the same hat with just a wider brim than I would highly recommend the hat. If, however, it is not the same hat, than I am sorry but I can't help. I have been very satisfied with my Borso. It is wonderfully soft and comfortable.:)

I have this hat as well- LOVE IT!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou