Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino Doria Cap Sizing Question

wgiceman

One of the Regulars
I would like to purchase a couple of Borsalino Doria flat caps or the ascot style caps. The few that I have been able to try on all seem to run small. For example, a cap that is marked as a size 58 will fit like a 56 or 57. Is that sizing differential the norm for the Borsalino Doria?

Also, I have one Borsalino ascot driving cap that fits perfectly. It is labeled as a large. Is there a reputable online merchant that offers these caps?

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I would like to purchase a couple of Borsalino Doria flat caps or the ascot style caps. The few that I have been able to try on all seem to run small. For example, a cap that is marked as a size 58 will fit like a 56 or 57. Is that sizing differential the norm for the Borsalino Doria?

Also, I have one Borsalino ascot driving cap that fits perfectly. It is labeled as a large. Is there a reputable online merchant that offers these caps?
There's Bencraft Hatters -- Steven Besdor of that shop is a member here at FL. They list the "Dario" cap, if that's the one you mean. (Looks pretty good -- I could use a lightweight cap.)

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Doria is now making caps for Delmonico, they're no longer under the Borsalino umbrella (or, at least are no longer marketed as such). I have a Doria by Borsalino cap that is a 57cm where I would usually wear a 56, so my experience matches yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany