Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bought an Akubra

ex812

Familiar Face
Ok, I bought a cheap wool capas fedora a few weeks ago to try it out. I like the whole hat wearing thing and have gotten all positive comments. I ordered a moonstone stylemaster from Hatsdirect on 3/27 and was all set for the 3 month wait as I am a 62. I received an email on 4/2 that my hat arrived early was in the mail. I am stoked! I also ordered a fawn capricorn for the Georgia Heat.

macfly

Familiar Face
sounds like you are excited like the rest of us when we got our first hats! welcome to the world of hat collecting/wearing. the adubras are well made and look great.

Tampahound

One of the Regulars
Now comes the hard part...waiting for that package! Right now I'm waiting for 4 hats to arrive...each day my heart sinks when I pull into my driveway after work and see an empty front porch.:(

I'm sure you will love your FedIV as the rest of us do! :) Please remember to post pictures of you once it arrives!

Goose.

Practically Family
Yes, congratulations. The empty porch is indeed a sad sight when you are waiting. But you have two nice lids on the way and once they arrive that anxiousness will be forgotten.

TampaHound's waiting for four and I'm waiting for two (Bogart and Capricorn). Add your two, and that's eight hats
(see, I can do chinese math) in this new thread enroute to enthusiastic perches for them.

MacFly said you sound as excited as others about gettng their first hat...he's right. I couldn't believe how excited I was waiting for my Sydney to arrive. Like a 5th grade girl back in the 70's waiting to see Donny Osmond step off the plane. Dunno, something like that I imagine :)

ex812

Familiar Face
Dewhurst, Sorry I didn't realize that every post had to contain some sort of imparted knowledge. I thought we could just discuss things that interested us. I will make sure that I have a power point to attach to my next post

Dewhurst

Practically Family
Hey, your post was very informative, and I called it so. I don't see a problem with calling something what it is.

:rolleyes:

macfly

Familiar Face
maybe the smiley after your post suggested you were being sarcastic. if not what was it supposed to mean? sometimes our real sentiments get lost in the forum

ex812

Familiar Face
Which is why I posted about the Stylemaster I purchased. I haven't gotten a fed yet. I promise when I do I will post it in one of the other hundred or so posts.:)

ex812

Familiar Face
Don't worry. It will take a lot more than that to offend me. I would post about vontage hats I have bought but alas I can not find any for my basketball sized head :(

MCrider

A-List Customer
ex812 said:
I would post about vontage hats I have bought but alas I can not find any for my basketball sized head :(

Yeow and I thought having a melon sized head was bad! :eek: Actually though I think you did it the smart way. Buy a cheap wool hat to gauge how others react and more importantly see how you feel about wearing a hat. Once you got those positive comments and get used to seeing yourself in hat, you move on to something better/more expensive. Good job :eusa_clap It goes without saying that you'll need to post photo's with both the Stylemaster and the Capricorn when you get them. I don't own a Stylemaster, but I love the feel and fit of my fawn Capricorn. Welcome to the Lounge and I hope you enjoy spending all your free cash on your new hobby. lol

PS: Start looking now for a house that will hold all your future aquisitions

ex812

Familiar Face
Believe me I have already started looking for that future hobby. My wife says I have too many as is. She is constantly complaining about the comics and pulps. You should have heard her when I bought a motorcycle and a Delorean within a month of each other. She seems ok with the hats though

carldelo

One Too Many
Great minds think alike

ex812 said:
Ok, I bought a cheap wool capas fedora a few weeks ago to try it out. I like the whole hat wearing thing and have gotten all positive comments. I ordered a moonstone stylemaster from Hatsdirect on 3/27 and was all set for the 3 month wait as I am a 62. I received an email on 4/2 that my hat arrived early was in the mail. I am stoked! I also ordered a fawn capricorn for the Georgia Heat.

I too am a size 62 and have a Stylemaster (in acorn fawn) and a Capricorn (in gray) on order for the NYC heat. Mine are from Everything Aus but the ETA isn't until late May - sounds like you'll have me beat by a month. Don't give up on vintage - once I found a NOS Cavanagh in a thrift store for 75 cents - OK that was in 1976 and it was my first hat. I'm still waiting for lightning to strike again, although I gave up holding my breath a while back. Welcome to the lounge.

Dewhurst

Practically Family
macfly said:
maybe the smiley after your post suggested you were being sarcastic. if not what was it supposed to mean? sometimes our real sentiments get lost in the forum

To be honest, it was really ALL that I could think of to say. I'll have to be more careful with calling things informative.lol I think people aren't sure how to take it sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael