Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon

DarrelMorris

Familiar Face
I drink Maker's Mark most of the time but I also love Woodford Reserve. I just recently tried Knob Creek and it was pretty tasty...oh hell, I love them all.:D

okbrewer

New in Town
Bob your last initial, R, doesn't stand for Russell does it? :)

Nope, not related, in fact, some of my friends would argue that the R stands for "Really Cheap!" I'm always looking for a deal, and the Russell's Reserve is a very good deal.

Bob R in OKC

filfoster

One Too Many
The couples who live on either side of us are joining us Friday for a two day soujourn along the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Friday will be the Woodford Reserve distillery (if we can get in), overnight at the Beaumont Inn in Harrodsburg, KY and then a Saturday trip to Buffalo Trace and the Blanton's distillery. Should convert even the faintest Bourbon fans among us.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
My doctor told me to quit drinking, at least for a while. I especially have to quit drinking bourbon. Seems that it is aggravating my reflux problem and may even be its primary cause. :(

So, as I continue to gather birthdays, I keep having to cross things off of my "fun stuff to do" list. So far, I've said farewell to cigars, motorcycles, scuba diving and many of my favorite Southern foods. Now, it looks like I'll be saying goodbye to bourbon. I despair that some day soon The New England Journal of Medicine will publish an article linking guitar playing to finger-tip cancer or some other disease and that will be the end of my Martins, too.

AF

My doctor told me to quit drinking, at least for a while. I especially have to quit drinking bourbon. Seems that it is aggravating my reflux problem and may even be its primary cause. :(

So, as I continue to gather birthdays, I keep having to cross things off of my "fun stuff to do" list. So far, I've said farewell to cigars, motorcycles, scuba diving and many of my favorite Southern foods. Now, it looks like I'll be saying goodbye to bourbon. I despair that some day soon The New England Journal of Medicine will publish an article linking guitar playing to finger-tip cancer or some other disease and that will be the end of my Martins, too.

AF

Cure the reflux problem. I am sure there are medicines out there that can take care of it.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Cure the reflux problem. I am sure there are medicines out there that can take care of it.

Thanks James. Yeah, when I posted the above I was having myself a little pity party. My doctor put me on Nexium and it has already helped greatly. Also, I have to lose some weight because that contributes to the problem. As disgusting as this sounds, it is excess weight around my mid section that tends to propel digestive acid upwards...rather than downwards...where the acid erodes the lining of my esophagus. Yuck.

AF

Thanks James. Yeah, when I posted the above I was having myself a little pity party. My doctor put me on Nexium and it has already helped greatly. Also, I have to lose some weight because that contributes to the problem. As disgusting as this sounds, it is excess weight around my mid section that tends to propel digestive acid upwards...rather than downwards...where the acid erodes the lining of my esophagus. Yuck.

AF
Yes, Nexium is one of those things I was thinking of. :p To have a decent cocktail, you can lose a little weight. I have confidence in you. :D

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I'll try to take up your slack on the bourbon.

That sounds good. Two hours after I posted that I was going to stop drinking bourbon, some guy from Makers Mark's Marketing Division called and offered to refer me to another doctor...at the company's expense. But if you can take up my slack I’ll let them know. I'm sure that will mean some guys in Kentucky will be able to keep their jobs after all.

AF

That sounds good. Two hours after I posted that I was going to stop drinking bourbon, some guy from Makers Mark's Marketing Division called and offered to refer me to another doctor...at the company's expense. But if you can take up my slack I’ll let them know. I'm sure that will mean some guys in Kentucky will be able to keep their jobs after all.

AF

lol lol lol
Well, they might have to let some guys go anyway because Jim Beam is getting the increase in business---not Maker's Mark. :p

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
... But if you can take up my slack I’ll let them know. I'm sure that will mean some guys in Kentucky will be able to keep their jobs after all.

AF

Never let it be said, that during the Great Recession, I did not do my part to aid in the recovery.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
No...its not bourbon. And I'm not gonna say where it came from or how I got it...or even if I do have it. But I thought y'all like to see something old and nice.

ac0f02af-a370-47a2-9629-43c7ccc8ebc9_zpsaf8a01d7.jpg

AF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana