Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bow Ties

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Well after trying for hours and watching the you-tube video I allmost gave up. Then I heard at the begining of the video where the Haberdashery was located and realized I was less then ten miles from the store. A quick trip and a lesson llater and I can tie my own bow ties. Now I just need to get a couple of them on the cheep. All I have right now is a black silk one that picked up to go with my dress uniform. Thank you for the assistance,

Edward

That's what is called "being proactive"

He seems like a nice man in the video

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Greetings! New to the forum and I just noticed the Bow tie area.
hinclvx

Fixed it for you.;)

And welcome to the Lounge. :)

web.jpg

thebroker

One of the Regulars
I just saw this thread...not sure how I missed it before. I wear a bow tie often...I'm pretty much the only one in my area who does, but after a few strange looks when I first started wearing them, people became accustomed to them. I find that when I wear one on a trip to pretty much any city, I get a lot of positive compliments. I believe that a bow tie, paired with a great hat, is a winning combo.

thebroker

One of the Regulars
Found another place with great prices. I'm going to order a few so I hope their quality is good.

http://www.thetiebar.com/categoryPages/BowTies.asp

I have about a half dozen of their ties, and I'm impressed with the quality, especially considering the price. Once you order from them, you'll get an email about once per season when they add new ties, and they'll sometimes run free shipping promos, too.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up

Torpedo

One Too Many
This is the only bow tie I have that is more than 2'' wide, but I liked the colours. It is 2 1/4", which I believe is the upper limit my facial features can support.

DSC01064.jpg

It has a very much "Black Watch-like" air as regards to colours, but it is striped, not plaid.

DSC01071b.jpg

Last edited:

Torpedo

One Too Many
A couple of comments were centered around the amazement that it was hand-tied.

I would bet EVERY regular one at this thread has received that kind of comment, and always will. Having in account lots of men can not even do a single type of (long) neck tie knot, it is not that unexpected, I guess.

thebroker

One of the Regulars
More than once, when somebody has asked me about my bow tie being hand-tied, I've been met with skepticism. I usually just say "well if you don't believe me, here, pull on the two single sides, and I'll tie it back for you to see.". Makes the novelty even neater. :)

Gumbo Book

Familiar Face
Hi there!

Very Nice Bow-tie.

I was stationed with the first battlion The Highlanders in Fallingbostel Germany and can say that you-are pretty spot-on. Very Black watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff