Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bow Ties

Auld Edwardian

A-List Customer
a1-13.jpg

Very nice, the classic blue with white polka dots, or the “Churchill Dots” as it also has come to be known, since it was a favourite of Sir Winston. It also is a very nice complement to your pale blue shirt with the white-collar (Is it detachable?), single-breasted charcoal jacket, which is nicely finished off by the ever so neatly folded crisp handkerchief. You are indeed well vetted and turned out for the day. All you need now is take that nice Sunday drive. Might I suggest perhaps a nice basic 1930 740 Packard Custom in charcoal, navy, and thin red pinstripe to complement your sartorial selection. Also since gray is a neutral colour, it would work well with most anything in your closet. Welcome aboard fellow bow tie wearer.
8a98f255.png

clarinetplayer

Familiar Face
Very nice, the classic blue with white polka dots, or the “Churchill Dots” as it also has come to be known, since it was a favourite of Sir Winston. It also is a very nice complement to your pale blue shirt with the white-collar (Is it detachable?), single-breasted charcoal jacket, which is nicely finished off by the ever so neatly folded crisp handkerchief. You are indeed well vetted and turned out for the day. All you need now is take that nice Sunday drive. Might I suggest perhaps a nice basic 1930 740 Packard Custom in charcoal, navy, and thin red pinstripe to complement your sartorial selection. Also since gray is a neutral colour, it would work well with most anything in your closet. Welcome aboard fellow bow tie wearer.
8a98f255.png

I'd love to take a ride that car! No, the collar is not detachable. Thanks for your kind comments.

Twill

One of the Regulars
Very nice burgundy diamond point, and natty braces also

Thank you.

Very nice. Love the bow/pocket square combo. Great colors.

This was me yesterday wearing my thinnest bow (little less than an inch wide) for the first time. I was unsure about it, but I kinda like it now. What do y'all think? Its a bit more reddish than it shows in the picture.
6836203419_1ca5794e2a.jpg

Auld Edwardian

A-List Customer
Thank you.

Very nice. Love the bow/pocket square combo. Great colors.

This was me yesterday wearing my thinnest bow (little less than an inch wide) for the first time. I was unsure about it, but I kinda like it now. What do y'all think? Its a bit more reddish than it shows in the picture.
6836203419_1ca5794e2a.jpg

Another very snappy little tie! And the v- neck sweater is also nice, however if you wore this tie with a burgundy coloured sweater I think it would be a really great combination. Thin ties are fun to wear also for a change.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
I stopped in the local Salvation Army today and went over to the tie area ... as usual.
The only bow tie I have ever found there was a natty little diamond point black clip on ... and that was years ago.

I saw there was a plastic bin filled with ties. They'd gotten overwhelmed lately, so I figured it was worth looking at.

Imagine my surprise when I began pulling out bow ties.
REAL freestyle bow ties.

Most are farily narrow bows, but almost all are all silk and they are in very nice condition.

I ended up emptying the bin to make sure I got them all.

There were 17 of them, so I asked the clerk what sort of a deal they'd make if I bought them all.

I left the store with all of them for a little under $5.

A good day!

Sam

I stopped in the local Salvation Army today and went over to the tie area ... as usual.
The only bow tie I have ever found there was a natty little diamond point black clip on ... and that was years ago.

I saw there was a plastic bin filled with ties. They'd gotten overwhelmed lately, so I figured it was worth looking at.

REAL freestyle bow ties.

Most are farily narrow bows, but almost all are all silk and they are in very nice condition.

There were 17 of them, so I asked the clerk what sort of a deal they'd make if I bought them all.

A good day!

Sam

Good deal!

Espee

Practically Family

REAL freestyle bow ties.

A good day!

Sam
Sometimes I get things for just a dollar, but I'm trying to do the math on your volume purchase. "How about 12 for $10... or 14 for $8.... heck, how about 16 for $6? Or just take all 17 for $4.95..."

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Sometimes I get things for just a dollar, but I'm trying to do the math on your volume purchase. "How about 12 for $10... or 14 for $8.... heck, how about 16 for $6? Or just take all 17 for $4.95..."

Back when I was allowed to enjoy tobacco, when I would go on mission trips to Honduras, there was a pulperia in one of the little towns where we worked and a lady there sold hand-rolled, cheroot-style cigars for one Limpera. At that time, there were 17 Limperas to a dollar. I bought her out one year and got a bundle of 75 cigars for a 100 Limpira note. I just told her to keep the change. I never did work out how much each cigar cost, but they were well worth it!

Anyway, the ties were supposed to be a quarter each. They were trying to get rid of the large supply that had been dumped on them.
So it was actually $4.25 plus sales tax.

Well worth it.
Most are smaller width than I usually like, but with some alterations, I have been able to make them long enough and all but a couple are in new condition.

Considering what bow ties sell for these days, I was really pleased.

Sam

bjornborg11

New in Town
Just wanted to say that I am so grateful for this thread. All the suggestions and links (because I need visuals :D) Really helped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21