Brand new aero premier work coat

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by 3ric, Jul 19, 2019.

1. 3ric

3ric New in Town

Good day,
    I ordered a beautiful Aero premier work coat in size 46 from Thurston Bros, battered tan, green wool lining, custom back (like dustbowl), sleeve length 27 in, back length 31 in. The coat arrived (see this link, https://www.instagram.com/p/BztHPrpAmHy/) and I didn’t care for the way it fit. Thus, I am selling it to cover the cost of the remake. My total cost was about $1250. How does $1000 OBO sound? Please let me know if you are interested.

2. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

If you ordered through Thurston Bros, aren't you covered by their Fit guarantee?

3. 3ric

3ric New in Town

They are subsidizing a remake of a different style, because Carrie said the fit is what they would expect. Thus, my primary reason for selling the jacket is to pay for my part of the subsidized new coat

4. 3ric

3ric New in Town

I expected a trimmer fit, less boxy

5. Psant25

Psant25 A-List Customer

I went direct from aero this time. Something to consider next time. If I dont like it I think there is an exchange policy. Even with return shipping to UK and maybe a restocking fee would be better than up to 50% loss selling outright. Glad to hear they are at least subsidizing somehow. Hope you get a good price. Beautiful hide.

And if you dont get a good price I would call up aero and see if you can just return to them for restock fee and make a new jacket. They may have some deal with thurston where they do not allow. But what matters is you are happy with your aero right. Aero makes a happy camper. Thurston already made the sale. And aero could sell that in a flash.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  6. 3ric

3ric New in Town

Thank you for the advice. I will contact aero and see what they say

Psant25 likes this.
  7. 3ric

3ric New in Town

Well, the answer from aero was as it was ordered from a stockist, the process must go through the stockist

Psant25 likes this.
  8. Psant25

Psant25 A-List Customer

Worth a shot. Good luck on the sale

9. 3ric

3ric New in Town

Ok, subsidized jacket ordered. I’m not trying to make any money here, so I will let the jacket find a new home at the subsidized price of $700 plus whatever it costs to ship it to you

10. lospice1

lospice1 Familiar Face

What
    Are the rest of the jacket’s measurements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. 3ric

3ric New in Town

I won’t be home til the weekend to measure, but I can tell you from the order form

SLEEVE LENGTH- 27 inches

BODY LENGTH- 31 inches

12. 3ric

3ric New in Town

D7100E00-2D53-4ACD-9C00-22CAF1C3830D.jpeg 2DD159DD-E329-4142-928E-C294120C6B24.jpeg

13. northcoast

northcoast New in Town

Whats the P2P on the back?

My jacket measures wider on the back that the front. 44 is just a bit too snug for me but all the rest of the numbers check out.

14. 3ric

3ric New in Town

So an update. I have decided to keep the coat. I took it to a leather tailor to see what they could do to improve the fit to me. Perhaps I am throwing good money after bad...but, you can’t take it with you! I will update when it is complete

Psant25 likes this.