Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Breaking in Lost Worlds HH in the rain

Everyone wants FQHH, ever wonder what they do with the rest of the animal ? It's him.....STU IS THE HORSES ASS !!!

Had me lol.

I seriously admire the courage of anyone willing to do business with LW. I mean, the following is taken from LW Sale page:
SIZING: We cannot provide measurements for SALE ITEMS. These items are warehoused and inaccessible for measuring
http://www.lostworldsinc.com/Lost_Worlds_Sale_Items.htm
This just makes zero sense! It is as if they don't want people to buy from them.

Had me lol.

I seriously admire the courage of anyone willing to do business with LW. I mean, the following is taken from LW Sale page:
SIZING: We cannot provide measurements for SALE ITEMS. These items are warehoused and inaccessible for measuring
This just makes zero sense! It is as if they don't want people to buy from them.
He strikes me as a guy that has enough money to WTF he wants to do and doesn't care about anyone else along the way. I admire/lol at his ways as I've got a bunch of great LW jackets over the years. But when you're used to a GW, Aero, etc., it's hard to take LW seriously as a customer. But if you can handle the whole thing, it's worth it in the end.

Peacoat

Bartender
Had me lol.

So, why didn't they take the standard measurements before the jackets went to the warehouse? A good product, but a difficult company to do business with.

Bern1

One of the Regulars
Well I must say that I have found it relatively easy to do business with Stuart. He has always been a straight shooter. True, he has his rules. I have found that by giving him my weight and height and having a short conversation about the fit, he has delivered a jacket that fit me.

It's when I went against his recommendation that I got a jacket that didn't fit. My fault .

Even so, you can return any stock jacket to LW for exchange, not the sale items though.

The quality and workmanship is the best I have ever seen in leather. I have not seen any aero or other top notch maker's work in person though, but it sounds like they are excellent as well. I have my eye on a particular Aero, but sizing has me concerned there too.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Well I must say that I have found it relatively easy to do business with Stuart. He has always been a straight shooter. True, he has his rules. I have found that by giving him my weight and height and having a short conversation about the fit, he has delivered a jacket that fit me.

It's when I went against his recommendation that I got a jacket that didn't fit. My fault .

Even so, you can return any stock jacket to LW for exchange, not the sale items though.

The quality and workmanship is the best I have ever seen in leather. I have not seen any aero or other top notch maker's work in person though, but it sounds like they are excellent as well. I have my eye on a particular Aero, but sizing has me concerned there too.
The quality is the best you have ever seen........BUT....you have never seen any other top notch makers work............:rolleyes:

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Didn't I just say that?
Yes and it makes no sense at all. Some of the members on TFL have a lot of experience with leather jackets. They own jackets from some of the top makers. I f they were to say it's the best quality and workmanship THEY have ever seen ...that's saying something!! Stu is your first and only love!!

Roma

A-List Customer
Called LW's all day yesterday to ask a question about measurements on a Speed Demon and nobody picks up the phone. Other companies like Vanson let you go rite to the factory ( which I will do next week ) and buy a jacket in person. I could drive to Lost Worlds pick out a jacket and be back home in 1.5 hours. No measurements, deliveries, shipping charges, phone calls, returns etc. Everyone wants FQHH, ever wonder what they do with the rest of the animal ? It's him.....STU IS THE HORSES ASS !!!
Meanwhile Stuart replies to e-mails within 5-10 mins.

Roma

A-List Customer
Called LW's all day yesterday to ask a question about measurements on a Speed Demon and nobody picks up the phone. Other companies like Vanson let you go rite to the factory ( which I will do next week ) and buy a jacket in person. I could drive to Lost Worlds pick out a jacket and be back home in 1.5 hours. No measurements, deliveries, shipping charges, phone calls, returns etc. Everyone wants FQHH, ever wonder what they do with the rest of the animal ? It's him.....STU IS THE HORSES ASS !!!
Meanwhile Stuart replies to e-mails within 5-10 mins.

Roma

A-List Customer

Me too. No problems ever. And recently I got one of my LW jacket zippers broken and Stuart sent out the replacement immediately.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My impression of Stu

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457818134.653966.jpg

Bern1

One of the Regulars
Yes and it makes no sense at all. Some of the members on TFL have a lot of experience with leather jackets. They own jackets from some of the top makers. I f they were to say it's the best quality and workmanship THEY have ever seen ...that's saying something!! Stu is your first and only love!!

Pardon me. I now see that my faulty grammar left ambiguity in the sentence as to comparisons.

Fortunately, I have lived long enough and observed things long enough to be able to discern and recognize great quality of workmanship and materials across a broad spectrum of disciplines.

From the photos I have seen and the first hand accounts here at TFL, I am sure I will be favorably impressed with the work of some of the other makers when I am able to see them in person.

Peace be with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner