Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bridal Shower Attire

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
I'm very familiar with the rule of not wearing white to a wedding.

But what about a bridal shower?

I have a gorgeous 50's-esque high waisted white on white polka dot dress. Sleeveless, shirred waistline, knee length with a gathered circle skirt. It's a gorgeous dress and I never have a chance to wear it because it's really only suited for semi-formal type events- like weddings! :eusa_doh:

Does it seem like an inappropriate dress for a shower?

Miss Sis

One Too Many
I'm not aware of any particular rules for Bridal Shower attire, but personally, I wouldn't wear it if it seems too 'Bridal'. That might take away from the Bride-to-Be herself, and this is her event as much as the wedding.

You could always check with her if she would mind, though. Perhaps if you wore it with some brighter accessories like a sash it might change it's appearance? Not pastel colours - that might look too bridesmaid-y - but red or kelly green perhaps?

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
Personally, I don't think it's too "brides-like" of a dress, but I can definitely see how someone at the shower might think that. I like the sash idea- I do have the carriers for a sash on the dress and a few extra sashes lying around.

I have a feeling the bride is going to wear red. Her favorite color is red and she wears it whenever she has to dress up even a little. The shower is today, I don't think I have time to ask her unfortunately. I was thinking this question to myself last night as I began to iron options for todays attire. I have 3 dresses pressed right now! haha

Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24