Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brigette Bardot

Gilbey

One of the Regulars
Brigette Bardot ...

Then,

Brigitte_bardot_youtube.jpg

And now...

00113938_000015.jpg

What do you know about her? Was she naughty? Clean? Did you like her as much as some of the golden era's glamorous stars? Of course she was deadly gorgeous in her prime, but I think I was just born during that time. :(

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Naughty - yes, sometimes.
Gorgeous - absolutely!
Great actor - so,so....

She came around alongside Sophia Loren, Gina Lollobrigida, Anna Karina and many other gorgeous women. She was a hit among young people back then, here in Denmark we even had a "The danish Brigitte Bardot" contest.
And all teenageboys - including me - dreamt about her...:rolleyes:
She married Roger vadim - a know french moviedirector - and that was about it. Later on she involved herself in protecting animals, seals, dogs, etc.

In my book there is only one still standing:
Sophia!
sophia.jpg

Back then.
loren-sophia-photo-sophia-loren-622.jpg

And now.

Starius

Practically Family
She was quite the beauty in her day.

Unfortunately, all I ever hear about her are all her activist "anti-" ravings.
Shes against animal hunting, against women in government (which is weird considering she was considered a feminist), and has made anti-Muslim and anti-homosexual comments that have landed her in hot water in the past too.

I can't honestly say I've seen many of her films.

Starius

Practically Family
Spitfire said:
Naughty - yes, sometimes.
Gorgeous - absolutely!
Great actor - so,so....

She came around alongside Sophia Loren, Gina Lollobrigida, Anna Karina and many other gorgeous women. She was a hit among young people back then, here in Denmark we even had a "The danish Brigitte Bardot" contest.
And all teenageboys - including me - dreamt about her...:rolleyes:
She married Roger vadim - a know french moviedirector - and that was about it. Later on she involved herself in protecting animals, seals, dogs, etc.

In my book there is only one still standing:
Sophia!
sophia.jpg

Back then.
loren-sophia-photo-sophia-loren-622.jpg

And now.

What about Ann-Margret?

ann-margaret-002.jpg
ColorAnnMargret.jpg
Ann-Margret-lrg.jpg

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
I was never one for that gamine, woman/little girl personna. The french seem to be big fans of it though.

I prefer Sophia too. She's firecracker that's all woman and no little girl.

Gilbey

One of the Regulars
I think some people do age gracefully and retain their spark (for what's left of it). I think Ann Margaret is stunningly beautiful, I saw some clip of her on TCM last month. Ooooh Baby!

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
For the longest time I only saw her in photographs.
I thought she was more of a model rather than an actress.
However, TCM played "Et Dieu... cr?©a la femme" aka
"And God...Created Woman" ~ She was amazing on the screen.
The camera loved her. She didn't have to 'act' too much
however there are some people who just are illuminated
on screen and she was one of them. She was gorgeous.
If anything she had more of a "Muse" aspect to her.

I can not compare Sophia to her because Sophia was
gorgeous and is a fabulous actress. It's comparing
apples to oranges with these two.

Anyhow...as for today. I think she looks lovely.
Not everyone ages like Sophia...ah...I wish we did!

Hondo

One Too Many
I too had a crush on her when very young, I think she is resentful of sex symbol image of her past and rather than embrace it, she resents it, I mean it did make her a star, she channels her emotions towards anger, for what ever reason (animals, fur) rather than age gracefully, Look at Jane Russell, she looks great at her age. As for Brigette Bardot, I don’t think she looks all that poor for her age, alittle more makeup might help, but as we allget older, we do what we please, to hell with the press! She did pick the wrong picture for her book she is holding, good luck selling that one honey! Still I’ll remember her when she was young and gorgeous.

Maj.Nick Danger said:
She invented big hair and I had a major crush on her for at least a week or two.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Being a kid of the 50s the magical name Brigitte Bardot alone held whatever you wished to imagine. Bardot equalled sexy women et al for pre-pubescent lads such as I. We didn't really know what "sexy" was but future puberty gave us a mild back-to-the-future testosterone charge that told us whatever this sex business was about had to do with Brigitte Bardot and we all hoped the clouds would clear and we'd understand it.:D :D

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
jazzzbaby said:
Not everyone ages like Sophia...ah...I wish we did!
Man she rocked that lingerie in Pr?™t-?†-Porter and she was 60. :eusa_clap

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
BB circa 1962 (not anymore of course...)

"Powerfully secure in her appearance. Unbearably beautiful.Terrifyingly secure in her own sexuality. Physically as perfect as any woman could be.Everything about her was perfect. The color of her hair. Her skin. Her teeth. Her legs. Her fingernails. Her eyes. Her cheekbones. The way she walked. The way she smelled.The way she slept. Her laugh.Her pout.
She was better than perfect she was unique."
That was all. [huh]

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Elke Sommer wasn't bad either in her day. She made a lot of stinko movies worth watching as long as she was on screen.

elke_sommer_gallery_1.jpg

On location in Mallorca, 1962.

el19.jpg

With Glenn Ford in The Money Trap, 1965.

39_sommer.jpg

Elke lately.

Hondo

One Too Many
I take nothing away from all women like Sophia Loren, beautiful but not Brigitte Bardot, like wise scandinavian or swedish delight Elke Sommer's, not quite Brigitte Bardot image, Brigitte was every man and boys dream, maybe a womens envy, perfect as a cloud formation in the sky, she carried herself (looks, appearance and acting well) dream state, many tried to copy her style, remember the motorcycle pose poster? Can't get as sexy as that. The look, her lips drove many crazy, I will always remember her for yesterday, just like others. Perfect quote HadleyH, couldn't have said it better ;)

HadleyH: "Powerfully secure in her appearance. Unbearably beautiful.Terrifyingly secure in her own sexuality. Physically as perfect as any woman could be.Everything about her was perfect. The color of her hair. Her skin. Her teeth. Her legs. Her fingernails. Her eyes. Her cheekbones. The way she walked. The way she smelled.The way she slept. Her laugh.Her pout.
She was better than perfect she was unique."
That was all.

Hondo

One Too Many
Well I was close ;) What the dictionary defines Swedish:a Germanic language, the language of Sweden and parts of Finland, closely related to Danish and Norwegian.
What memories and Anita Ekberg too ;)
I recall the first time I saw Elke with Peter Sellers in "A Shot in the Dark"
and playboy mag spread wow :eek: for such tender years! lol
Thanks for the clarification.

Fletch said:
I hate to break it to you Hondo, but Elke is as German as lieder and land wars. lol

But don't feel bad. You'll always have Anita Ekberg.

Anita%20Ekberg%20se3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24