Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brims - How do you like them

Here is a thread that never goes out of style! I like my brim down in the front, up in the back!

Down in the front (it is all about the swoop!), just a slight pencil roll style up in the back...
CanOR1.jpg

earl

A-List Customer
Down in the front (it is all about the swoop!), just a slight pencil roll style up in the back...
CanOR1.jpg
Pretty much how I always wear mine, (my hats are of the wider brim sort-2 1/2-2 3/4 inch-, though), but use a somewhat narrower angle of swoop in the front. Earl

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I've yet to find a hat that I think looks good on me with the brim snapped up all around. Even my ORs and their clones I wear fedora-fashion, brim snapped down in front and curled up in back, whether I keep the cattleman crease or not.

My most recent OR-clone, a vintage Champ, has a 2" brim that came to me from eBay with the snapped-up classic OR shape. I'm still working on training it down into the kind of swoop I like, but of course there's a lot less brim to work with than on an Akubra Fed, and it's fairly stiff (though the crown was more easily shapeable).

One Too Many
Posted on another thread, perhaps appropriate here.

Several years ago, guitarist Carlos Santana took to wearing a fedora with a reverse brim - turned up in front and down in back:

5514651851_914fc89a4b.jpg

Looks like what happened is that he initially made a mistake and put his hat on backwards and decided he liked it. For a while, Bailey Hats were offering the Carlos Santana "Smooth" fedora, and suggested you could "wear it like Carlos" with the same goofy brim treatment...
Nice look, a great folk ¡¡¡¡

Brando11

A-List Customer
Posted on another thread, perhaps appropriate here.

Several years ago, guitarist Carlos Santana took to wearing a fedora with a reverse brim - turned up in front and down in back:

5514651851_914fc89a4b.jpg

Looks like what happened is that he initially made a mistake and put his hat on backwards and decided he liked it. For a while, Bailey Hats were offering the Carlos Santana "Smooth" fedora, and suggested you could "wear it like Carlos" with the same goofy brim treatment...

I passed by a large photo of Mexican laborers picking vegetables today. Guess how the men were wearing their straw hats- yep, down in back to protect their necks from the sun, up in front so they could see what they were picking. Carlos didn't make a mistake, I believe he was saluting some hard working brethren.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24