Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

British Army 'Air Travel' suit - 1950s

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
$_57.JPG

I think these suits look great.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vtg-Rare-...UK_Men_s_Vintage_Clothing&hash=item25917b5a45

Boinciel

New in Town
The angle the lapels are cut at suggests a 3-roll-2 buttoning configuration instead of the standard British 3-button configuration.

Edward

Bartender
Blackout 2 in London had several of these suits around 2005 ish.

Did you pick one up? It does look like a suit - to my untrained eye, at least - that a competent tailor should be able to reproduce easily today. I'd like to see a run on this by the likes of Old town - though when they said, a while back, that they were considering gonig "modern", what they meant was introducing a couple of Thirties designs.... ;)

Metatron

One Too Many
This is one of those cases when a no-frills utilitarian approach creates a wonderfully classic product isn't it?
Great shade of grey, although at the time it was probably regarded as the definition of conservatism.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Blackout 2 in London had several of these suits around 2005 ish.

Bertie Wooster/Old Hat had a rail of them a few years back. I saw a bloke try one on. It was an immediate transformation for him. I was very impressed by how such a simple suit could work so easily.

GBR

One of the Regulars
As you might expect for the period it confirms the British style of the 1950s and into the 1960s with just one inside breast pocket in the coat and one back pocket but plus a fob pocket for the trousers. High rise trousers of course for braces - very smart when new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic