Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brockton Originals from Stacy Adams

in/y

One of the Regulars
I've always liked the look of SA shoes, especially the Madison. However I have also had concerns about the durability/longevity of their shoes (and have seen a couple of similar comments around the FL).

I ran into a new (at least to me) line of SA shoes today, Brockton Originals. They look to be of better quality made of "artisan" leather instead of kidskin leather like many of the other shoes from SA. I wonder if they use domesticated or wild artisans for these shoes.

The selection of styles and colors is more limited than other SA shoes though I liked what I saw.

The Brocktons also look like they may be a bit more casual in their appearance than traditional SA shoes.

Has anyone had any experience with the Brocktons? How's the quality/looks in person?

Also, if anyone wishes to help alleviate my concerns/support my unsubstantiated belief of the kidskin SA shoes, that would be welcome too.

Here's a couple of shots of the Brockton Original Madisons.
madison-low.jpg
madison-hi.jpg

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
I think Stacy Adams are actually really well-made shoes comparatively. They provide a lot of bang for the buck, but they're not without their pros and cons. You'd be hard pressed to find another brand offers a design which combines vintage style, details and looks as convincingly authentic as the Madison for the same price.

As for durability, the pairs I own have held up admirably, especially considering how cheap they are new. But the high-gloss finishes they use on a lot of models certainly looks really shoddy and the softer leather they use can get gouges in it.

I've often said, "if Stacy Adams just used another leather the Madison would be perfect." Thanks for posting the link!

Last edited:

in/y

One of the Regulars
It looks like you can get the Brocktons online at the main Stacy Adams website.

Thanks for the SA comments Guttersnipe. You're certainly right the look is great, the price is good. With a little care it sounds like they'll hold up OK as well.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
It looks like they retail for $170, which quite a bit more than their regular offerings. I'm not sure how I feel about that...new Allen Edmonds at the Nordstum's outlet cost about that when they liquidate last season's offerings.

bl@ster

One of the Regulars
Just got a pair of the Brockton Original Madison boot. To answer my own question, yes they are Goodyear welted. Made in India and they do run pretty narrow.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
I needed a pair of boots to wear with my denim and chambray. I'm not into engineer boots, so I picked up a pair of the Brockton madison boots. I highly recommend them. Will posts pics later.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Boots are so big in the USA compared to Australia. We have the RM Williams of course - our national footwear - but that industrial look thing is not at all big Down Under.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda