Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Broken-in Lost Worlds a Myth?

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Got to say I am not sure who's aged the most, me or the jacket, but I am sure liking my LW along with all the others I own or may own in the future. Lost Worlds jackets not aging quickly is a good thing as far as I am concerned. It means I can keep wearing them in the rain while riding down the highway without any fear of getting wet. It means the jackets don't wear out. I am not looking for my jackets to wear like denim, I am looking to wear these jackets and enjoy them as long as I am still kicking. If I wanted a mall jacket that gave that 40 year look, well then I would have bought one. In so far as the jacket below is concerned it's comfortable and well broken in and I don't think it looks too bad either. View attachment 195733
View attachment 195751
View attachment 195735

View attachment 195760

That is simply perfect

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Ah Wilbur and hoping you would weigh in since I have been aware of your love for your LW jackets since I have known you. I trust all is well with you on top of that little Tennessee hill called Signal Mountain!

How are you Richard!! We are doing well up on Signal. Right now trying to eat right and exercise so I can keep wearing these jackets!

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I imagine Wilbur got a little chilled on his mountain earlier in the week. The low here was 18 with a high of 28. On the mountain, Wilbur was probably 5 to 10 degrees colder. Brrr.

Yep it was 16 degrees Wednesday morning little bit of a chill factor keeping me from riding but looking for some sunshine on Saturday and a bit of riding through some twisties even if it is on the Trike.

Powerband

Practically Family
Apologies for the terribly grainy photos taken tonight in low light (I’ll have more in daylight soon). This is my relatively new Lost Worlds Buco PJ27. I bunched it up into a pillow for a nap this afternoon. When I woke up, it had bunched me up and used me as its pillow. The LW is very tough and full of testosterone and takes no shit from anyone.

1cdf4f8437ebf59073c40a95b1030cb9.jpg

640d1864b3e63b712f4c4b3527b5f800.jpg

ce733f4771a8d8349542ef8e2094c699.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Sun ray is good to fade the jacket every little bit helps. Even black through and through will fade to grey if exposed to the sun enough

Powerband

Practically Family
Sun ray is good to fade the jacket every little bit helps. Even black through and through will fade to grey if exposed to the sun enough

Good info. This jacket will sit out (or worn out) in the California sun more often.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Ive been wanting to buy mannequin to put on the jacket in riding pose day and night outside in back yard in few days with here and there water spraying would do the trick I bet.... but the idea having headless leatherguy standing hunching in my garden in the dark kinda gives heebie jeebies:eek:

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Are we speaking of broken in or aged? I like a broken in jacket by which i mean softened for comfort i.e. able to bend arm to hold phone or sit without it pushing up into my chin. As for aged, i don’t think i particularly like a 2 year old jacket looking like a 20 year old jacket. I like to keep things looking new as much a possible without fretting about natural and inevitable aging.

Powerband

Practically Family
Are we speaking of broken in or aged? I like a broken in jacket by which i mean softened for comfort i.e. able to bend arm to hold phone or sit without it pushing up into my chin. As for aged, i don’t think i particularly like a 2 year old jacket looking like a 20 year old jacket. I like to keep things looking new as much a possible without fretting about natural and inevitable aging.

You have a good point. I suppose I wasn’t referring to the break-in for softness and wearability because a couple days in and the LW jacket has already soften substantially. I was originally requesting for pics of the “aged” look on a 10 or 15 year-old Lost Worlds jacket... the ones with the wear marks exposed, revealing the contrasting deeper layer, along with the rub and burnish of years of contact with a bottle of whiskey and cheap hookers.

steve u

A-List Customer
"along with the rub and burnish of years of contact with a bottle of whiskey and cheap hookers"
I gave that up 25 years ago ... give me another 5 or 10 years with my LW TEST and I'll get back with you...without the contact.
steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk