Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Broken-in Lost Worlds a Myth?

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Been really looking forward to my first LW heavy 4 oz “armor.”
I will echo what some other folks have already said: you are going to be quite happy and impressed with your new LW “armor”.
My 4 oz CHP was purchased in 2019 and it is the heaviest and thickest jacket that I own, and I own a lot of them.
A657D292-19AE-4A34-A736-CBCCA06FAE9C.jpeg

88993CB7-DD1A-4B90-A6AC-EA7AAD564976.jpeg

Not only is built like armor, it is damn near waterproof as well.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I saw your post when this Ryder was new. It broke in nicely. Is this 4oz HH?

Thanks! According to Stu, this one´s 3oz. HH.

At the time I bought it, I was all into Aero´s CXL HH, and the heavy stuff too. I was quite surprised how light and easy-wearing the LW is in comparison. It´s still very sturdy and completely waterproof and thus a perfect jacket all around (just wish it had an extra inch here and there...).
As I said elsewhere: arguably the nicest horsehide around...

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks! According to Stu, this one´s 3oz. HH.

At the time I bought it, I was all into Aero´s CXL HH, and the heavy stuff too. I was quite surprised how light and easy-wearing the LW is in comparison. It´s still very sturdy and completely waterproof and thus a perfect jacket all around (just wish it had an extra inch here and there...).
As I said elsewhere: arguably the nicest horsehide around...

Their heavier stuff is also easy wearing thanks to their patterns :)

Peter Mackin

Practically Family
I have the impression that LW´s horsehide changed over the years. I always thought the older models showed hardly any wear at all, but my ca. 3 year old Ryder is broken in just fine.

(Quite the opposite sensation to getting my Vanson: I heard all the praise about - the old - Competition weight and continue to be massively dissappointed by the mock-vinyl my jacket sports.).

View attachment 470935
I've yet to see better graining on any jacket,, this is my older competition vanson :)
16706166626933057647601835189315.jpg
16706167110196077530722266956383.jpg

Peter Mackin

Practically Family
A real nice Enfield. That's hard to top.
Thank you, im wearing it now indoors. I messed up the male part of the zip a couple of years ok but it still works OK, terrific jacket that just keeps getting better, heavy, comfortable, softened up great and gets the most compliments of any jacket I've owned,non of that tea core rubbish that loses its colour if you look at it the wrong way :)

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Would use of a product like Tenderly work to soften the leather? Would such product use on LW be considered sacrilege? Would it even penetrate the topcoat?

[/URL]

It won't penetrate the topcoat.
LW uses a resin top coat, verry little makes it through.
I own a LW jacket that was slathered in some sort of product by the previous owner and it doesn't make the jacket nicer to wear, it made it greasy and waxy, if anything it feels worst than my LW that are still virgins.

If you want to soften the leather wear the jacket a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko