Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brought home a new one today.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Wingnut, you have found a very nice hat! The back bow isn't my cup ether, but I have only seen them on late 50's and 60's hats. I think this one is from the early 40's and is just too nice for words. The stitching on the edge of the brim is really super and trust me, it will grow on you! I have bought things that I thought were nice at the time but for some reason didn't care for them much. But now are some of my faves in the collection. I like the not so common stuff of the period and stuff you see in the movies that you don't see today.

As for the green pinstriped suit, I WANT ONE TOO! Man, you're going to have to post photos of that one when you get it!!! I found one in a thrift shop once and it was too small for my big build. :rage: It was like a 38 long and it was only $10. bucks so, I bought it and then later traded it for a suit in my size. I wish I still had it because it was so rare I would have loved to just have it in the collection to look at.

Green ties:

I have a few and find them from time to time. In no way as rare as that hat or a green DB pinstriped suit! But, yes they're not too common.

I like the photo of you with the hat on. Looks like you're a Privet Dick working on a case in your apartment! Love the radio! What make is it. As you know, I collect the beasts.

As for the green shoes, they made green bucks back then! Like the white kind but, more of a medium green with a perforated cap toe! A friend of mine had them and wore them with a green herringbone double breasted three piece suit dated 1936. One of the finer outfits I have seen by far!

Root.

Green bucks!? I was just kidding! Oh boy, I even hit the truth when I am kidding. :p My uncle says that they also used to make blue and white spectators---with real buck. I want a pair of those. Yeah, right, like I will ever find them in my size in good condition. :cry:
The green suit is definitely one of a kind. I think Wingnut was just kidding with the guy but he came across with the goods. Man was I suprised! I think it is the first one I have ever seen. :cool2: He also had a white zoot suit in my size. :eek: [huh]
You have quite the collection there Wingnut. You could open up a museum. ;)
Sharpe, funny you should mention stretching a hat. I just made a 7 fit me before I sat down here to respond. I am sure I could make that baby fit you. Three quarters of an inch is nothing. Art could do it better though. He could probabaly save the sweatband too. ;)

Regards to all,

J

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Not for sale, gents.
:cool:

And thanks for all of the compliments. I steamed a nice C-crown block on it the other night, looks even better now. Dr. Beyer must have been a smoker, steaming it brought out a lot of cigarette stench. Nothing a few hours in the sun can't solve.

I'll try to get pictures of the suit when it comes. Going to be a long wait, though.

Oh, and Root, to answer your question, the radio is an Airline model 62-900.

STHill

One of the Regulars
Wing,

I picked up a 40's or early 50's Stetson Whippet a few months back (Art brought it back to life) that looks to be about that same color. I've never been crazy about green apparel, but I love that hat.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Funny, most men here aren't crazy about green. I wonder why. I love the color my self. It's a cool color and I really dig it. Green isn't very common and I think that might be a part why I may like it. It's also a color that was used alot in Art Deco design!

Once you try something you may think you don't like, then come to find out you like it after you try it, that just goes to show that you may never know what you may like or may not like till you try something.

Root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy