Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BUCKAROO BONANZA! - The Hats that Major Mike Moore Makes

lawlesss.jpg

How do you Southern boys get raccoons to hold still for that kind of treatment?

Around here, they just don't do those kinda tricks. Must be all that tofu and arugula we feed 'em. Makes 'em real ornery.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Let me add Bob, I have looked your hat over a time or two while at the shop.
Mike did good..I hope you really like it!!!

I am really liking it, R. This is the first hat Mike has made for me from a western body and the first hat from a western body I have at all. I'm really liking the way it feels. Thanks Mike and the rest of you guys, Rocky and Fallon.

I'll look into 3/23 and see what I can do about making it down there. Would be good to see you and Mike and the rest of the folks there again. It's always a pleasure.

Last edited:

1961MJS

Hi

I put in vacation on Friday and Monday around March 23rd. It's always good to celebrate your ex-wife's birthday. I don't know where I'll stay yet, but I'll start looking.

Later

1961MJS

Is this a group meeting or just some guys who know each other gathering around? FedoraFest, mid year meeting?

It's OFFICIALLY Mike (me) getting fitted for a John Wayne Cavalry hat day. Other than that... I should be done with a few things at work by then. Rusty had some free time. Mike and Rocky had to work anyway. The more the merrier.

Mike

BobC

Cool news Bob, look forward to a few photos.
Maybe you can make it down around March 23rd, 1961MJS [Mike] is planning a trip to The Majors to pick up a western he is having made.
I hope to be there...be good to see you and Kim again also!

I checked it out, Rusty. I'm off that weekend and have no plans unless something unforeseen comes up. Kim won't make it this time though. She has plans to attend her cousin's step-daughter's wedding in Chicago that weekend. Some of her French cousins are coming to the US for the wedding, and we haven't seen them for quite a few years.

I talked to Mike for a while this afternoon. He told me you and Rocky are going to running the shop for a weekend in April. It might be more fun to come that weekend. :D

I still intend to post pictures of this new hat but I've been covered up for the last month or so. I promise to get it done soon.

Last edited:

BobC

I finally got a chance to take a few pictures of Mike's latest. Here it is. The color is pecan. The brim is 3 1/4 bound with a pencil curl. I didn't measure the crown height but it's creased to a diamond. This hat has the most fantastic felt, and I love the liner. I may have to look into some more westerns soon. I wasn't sure I'd like a western hat, but this one suits me to a tee, IMHO.

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054_2.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations! That is a beauty, and I love the relaxed custom edge treatment. The leather band is great too, not to mention the lining!

Thunderball, there are a couple of western derbies on Buckaroo's facebook page that have really caught my eye-- have you seen them? One has a similar band as Bob C's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24