Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BUCKAROO BONANZA! - The Hats that Major Mike Moore Makes

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Bob, I really like that hat - looks great on you.

Of late I've been checking out Mike Moore's photos of his westerns on his site and his Facebook page. I can a silverbelly hat similar to yours on my head at some time.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, Duper and DJ. The thought of something in silverbelly or some other lighter color has crossed my mind as well, maybe even with a slightly wider brim. I do love the pencil curl though. And, Duper, I think it's those red boots the lady is wearing that demands so much attention. ;)

majormoore

Vendor
The lady in the liner is like the old ink pins of long ago, when you have the hat on your head her clothes fall off!!!!!!!! when you turn the hat over as seen in the photos her clothes are back on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Major Moore

BobC

The lady in the liner is like the old ink pins of long ago, when you have the hat on your head her clothes fall off!!!!!!!! when you turn the hat over as seen in the photos her clothes are back on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Major Moore

One of these times when that thing is on my head, I'm gonna jerk it off real quick and see if I can catch her. Maybe sooner than she thinks as it's on my head right now......

1961MJS

Hi Bob

I was looking forward to meeting you in March, but since you're in Central Illinois, I'll PM you next time I head back to Raymond for the weekend. Um, save me one of those liners for my John Wayne hat... Love it.

Bob, that hat's a really good size for you and looks great. I like the color and may have to use it for a Indiana Jones style hat in the next few years.

Later

BobC

Hi Bob

I was looking forward to meeting you in March, but since you're in Central Illinois, I'll PM you next time I head back to Raymond for the weekend.

I'm planning to make it to Covington the weekend of 3/23 unless something comes up on short notice, so I'll most likely get to meet you then if it's still on, Mike. I'm looking forward to it. But that doesn't mean you can't PM me if you get up this way.

deanglen

I finally got a chance to take a few pictures of Mike's latest. Here it is. The color is pecan. The brim is 3 1/4 bound with a pencil curl. I didn't measure the crown height but it's creased to a diamond. This hat has the most fantastic felt, and I love the liner. I may have to look into some more westerns soon. I wasn't sure I'd like a western hat, but this one suits me to a tee, IMHO.

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054_2.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

Love it! A man's hat! A crown to be proud of, a brim with grace!

dean

majormoore

Vendor
This weekend I have a good looking lady coming in from KY, she will make your heart jump a beat or two, she is HOT
RBH your right you never know what will show up in the shop. Matter of fact she was there when Memphis Lawyer came a few weeks ago and picked up his hat
Mike

Bob...I look forward to seeing you on the 23rd.
There is always something going on at the shop.....
You never know who is going to show up.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
She was sweet and had great ideas to finish ladies hats. I don't recall if she looked hot or not. Lol. She was attractive and very personable. Almost sold me the brown hat Major suggested I try on

majormoore

Vendor
She will be there getting a bound edge machine from me , and helping me sale hats to the guys.

Mike

She was sweet and had great ideas to finish ladies hats. I don't recall if she looked hot or not. Lol. She was attractive and very personable. Almost sold me the brown hat Major suggested I try on

BobC

It's looking more like I'm not going to be able to make it to Covington in March. We'll most likely have to make plans another time. I regret that I will probably miss the fun this time, but I won't forget it if something changes for the better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails